Delage Type-S: The 103-Year-Old Grand Prix Car Saved By A 3D Printer

gav240z

Makes me wonder what this would cost? Get the OS Giken head copied and improved...

But imagine this process is house deposit money.

This 3d printing/ sand casting method is exactly what Derek over on Hybridz has done to create an L Series twin Cam head. Bare head from memory is about 10k USD Edited by andyk_79

• Administrators

Here is his blog. Great read. Didn't he initially say he was hoping it'd cost around 4-5k US?

http://www.datsunworks.com/Blog/

Yes but that's a raw head no ancillaries etc.. still quite exciting to be honest and as someone who looked at o.s giken heads for years in awe it is a more attainable set up. I do like the fact the valve cover is similar to both O.S and S20 design.

I'd love to see the LY heads reproduced.

• Administrators

Very interesting, all that's needed now is a 3D printer that can do metal, it will come too.

Not quite ready for the hobbiest yet but here is a version of that used to create a turbo.

https://youtu.be/DNedUZxP8NU

Very interesting, all that's needed now is a 3D printer that can do metal, it will come too.

All ready avaliable.

CSIRO do it and have made all sorts of stuff including Titanium body implants to replace cancerous bones .

It's in the same department that the above engine sand cores were printed.