Free Drive Of 350 Hp Zed

PeterAllen

Folks I'm in desperate need of the five minute loan of two 16" or 17" wheels.

Cozza lent me two 16" wheels but they have a step which fouls on the callipers (see photo). 16" without the step should fit and I'd feel pretty sure any 17", or plus,wheels should be okay.

Sutherland, Sydney.

I'll offer a drive of the GTO as a thanks (you're under no obligation to accept!).

mobile = oh for one juan oh nein won ate sex seven.

post-100401-0-87629200-1466905403_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

Yes, watch out for two piece Simmons as far as clearing big brakes go, their centres are often too small in diameter so the rims are stepped down to fit which reduces the ID.

PS Help the OP out please, sounds like he may do something desperate otherwise  ???

• Administrators

Peter I was on Gumtree last night and just typed in 114.3 into the search box.

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-114.3/k0?fromSearchBox=true

Not sure if it matters if they are 4 or 5 stud?

I saw a few 16" rims that were relatively cheap.

If I had a set to lend to you, I would. Sorry.

• Administrators

Peter actually I think the PCD on my FD RX-7 wheels is 114.3 but it's a 5 stud wheel. You might be able to get away with only 4 lug nuts on it?

They are quite wide, not sure they will fit nicely under S30 guards but your GTO conversion might be wider?

Peter actually I think the PCD on my FD RX-7 wheels is 114.3 but it's a 5 stud wheel. You might be able to get away with only 4 lug nuts on it?

They are quite wide, not sure they will fit nicely under S30 guards but your GTO conversion might be wider?

Gav,

I might be missing some sarcasm in your comment but I'll explain anyway. 5x114.3 wheels have 5 holes arranged in a star shape while 4x114.3 wheels have 4 holes arranged in a square. You cannot just run 5 stud wheels on a 4 stud car by installing only 4 lug nuts.

5-lug-4-spoke.jpg?resize=720%2C480

• Moderators

Yes, watch out for two piece Simmons as far as clearing big brakes go, their centres are often too small in diameter so the rims are stepped down to fit which reduces the ID.

PS Help the OP out please, sounds like he may do something desperate otherwise  ???

Yep, all original (70's & 80's) Smmons rims use the same centre plate regardless of wether the wheel is 14", 15" or 16".

I have a set of 16" 4X114.3 Simmons and the centres are exactly the same as the 15's on the bus.

I might be missing some sarcasm in your comment but I'll explain anyway. 5x114.3 wheels have 5 holes arranged in a star shape while 4x114.3 wheels have 4 holes arranged in a square. You cannot just run 5 stud wheels on a 4 stud car by installing only 4 lug nuts.

Don't listen to this guy!!! 1 stud will line up, and all you have to do is cut the other 3 off with the grinder, and then the wheel fits.