My '73 240Z from Zimbabwe

Nick, I noticed youve listed it for sale, "roughly" what sort of coin do think it will sell for ?

(That motor is the bees knees !)

Chris, I'm hoping that I can actually keep the car.  I've put it on my website more to just fill the page than anything else, while I'm waiting for more stock to come in.  IF, and its a big IF I do sell, I will ask top dollar for this car.  A collector in Melbourne has already contacted me and is talking $70k.  

Again though, I'm hoping to be able to keep it.  I never went down this road to sell.

Its amazing how sometimes, just adding one thing to a car during the process of a rebuild can make the car look complete, even though its not.  In this case, just adding the black surrounds just seems to finish the car off........

IMG_4950_zpslhsjvtfb.jpg

Hopefully I will be able to load some more progress photos later today.  

Edited by Classicman

• Administrators

Cool but the stock colour was a light grey similar to the grille and hubcaps.

http://www.viczcar.com/forum/topic/12178-datsun-greygray-paint/

Totally personal preference but I think against the Safari Gold the grey works well. My 2 cents.

Actually Gav, my panel shop raised a point.  The original grey tail panel matched the original grey hubcaps.  I'm putting on Rota wheels with black centers, so they grey might look out of place.  I think I'm going to stick with this for now and see what the overall picture looks like.  Its easy enough to rectify after the fact.

I'm told the car will be finished by Friday, so I will post some pics when its done.

The moment of truth has almost arrived.  The interior is in and complete.  The car is pretty much done, and is undergoing final polish before the last little bits are assembled.   Today, the brakes will be bled and electrics checked.  Tomorrow, new exhaust manufactured and fitted. Friday will be its first shakedown drive.  The old wheels stay on the car until she is ready to ship so that we don't dirty or damage them on the lovely pot-hole filled roads of Africa :-).

I'm expecting that I will have to do final Quality Checks here in Oz, and some minor adjustments, but all in all I'm very happy with the work so far.

IMG_4971_zps7vhv62nl.jpg

Congratulations, the car is looking absolutely immaculate.

...This whole job complete with parts will come in at under $20k.  That includes new rims, tyres, ceramic coating the exhaust manifold, head job to ensure it can run unleaded etc, etc, etc....

Can you tell us whether or not the cost remained under $20K? If it did - that is impressive!

Congratulations, the car is looking absolutely immaculate.

Can you tell us whether or not the cost remained under $20K? If it did - that is impressive!

Thanks.  I haven't calculated the final costs yet, but it is very close.

Edited by Classicman

Bargain mate.... Good work. When will this get to Canberra?

Sometime early Feb.  The ship is due to dock on about the 6th, weather permitting, so I'm guessing it will be around the 10th-13th Feb when the car gets here.

• Moderators

This build just keeps getting better.

If you all get together in Canberra maybe a few of the Sydney guys might make the journey as well ?

Geetng very very close to finished.

PB

I like the sound of that!

Anyway, car is now on wheels and going for exhaust today.  Custom 50mm pipe with a nice sporty sound but not too loud I hope.  All that will be left for tomorrow is shakedown and fitting final badges etc.

IMG_4980_zpsgepx6t9c.jpg

IMG_4981_zpsldcqxuxp.jpg

IMG_4974_zps5d9bwsvw.jpg