1974 Datsun 260z 2 seater with rb25det - no longer for sale

rb25zed

Hey guys, I am selling my 74 260z 2 seater. It is in excellent condition bar a 20c sized dent in the bonnet. It is a unfinished project.

A short list of what has been done:

RB25DET engine and 5sp manual gearbox

ARE intercooler

All rust repaired and has fairly recently been resprayed a BMW M3 steel grey

wrx seats

rear r31 disc brake conversion

front z31 with hilux caliper conversion

2.5" mandrel exhaust to the cat and 3" after that

whiteline suspension

autometer gauges

and lots more

Engine is running well and gearbox works ok, the car can actually be driven. What it would need to be completed is a engineers certificate, have the brakes looked at (they are a bit spongy might need the master cyclinder modified) and some minor electrical works (indicators etc).

Price Drop! I am looking for offers around the $10,000 and above (It is not getting any lower then this). It is really sad to sell the car but its time to move on. btw car is in Darwin.

Email me at mark.jong@gmail.com for more info and pictures, serious buyers only please.

wlP1030231.jpg

sP1030418.jpg

sP1030415.jpg

awesome colour, whats it from?

have you taken it an engineer at all? just interested as to what they said regarding those brakes being sufficent or not? as it'd b great if they are!

i would be interested but feel like i'd be abandoning my car lol, good luck with the sale!

• Administrators

Here you go Evan, most of the work done. Just get your L26 fixed and sell your car!

Hope this doesn't cause the thread to go off topic, but Evan I don't think you should sell your car. Its starting to look good, by the time you factor in transport costs, change of rego, getting it engineered you'll be no better off IMHO, sorry RB26ZED I know I'm not helping with the sale.

Besides I love the green colour on Evan's car. (not that Gray isn't cool!)

thanks gav, but the green aint staying lol, bmw have awesome colours such as this grey. i'm assuming this car has no rego? getting a car around australia is under a grand, and even cheaper if my mates driving a close to empty truck back from somewhere, but i dont think he ever heads up to darwin lol.

anyway, it would be cheaper/faster/easier to buy this, but it also prob would of been to buy rb30's zed...my car will be back on the road sometime, just gotta find a halfcut for the right price, anyone able to help me out? :D

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys I dropped the price to $13g, this is pretty much as low as I want to go. should help with freight etc. Zedevan if you are seriously interested I have lots more photos, drop me a pm with your email if you want.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Administrators

Sorry I didnt read your post and for some reason I am not getting emails from the forum. I am tired of trying to sell it, I am now taking offers of 10 grand, transport should be $1000 or less most places in Australia.

10k sounds very reasonable and quite a steal for an RB powered car. Good luck with it.

just for everyones reference 1 year ago it was $700 or $800 to get a car shipped from melbourne to brisbane. $1200 for a covered transport. nice and cheap, i would jump all over this if i didnt have enough cars and enough trouble trying to accumulate the funds to work on them :D

LOL, I actually just bit the bullet and bought myself a functional, comfortable car to drive round in the mean time till my car is back on the road, maybe i'm getting old...and I'm kind of attached to my car...

I do agree that I'd be better off buying this, but then I might be better off just buying an r32gtr! Goodluck with the sale, I'm very surprised I've still got it, but I guess ur location doesn't help

mate if i didnt have 6cars in the garage i would have consider it. ill ask around one of my mates he may be interested than again he has 3 zeds allready and array of other cars.

try advertising on silvia aus, skylines down under, autospeed, calais.com etc... for that price you prob get someone that is not into zeds be in one.

just sell it well as in: lot lighter than skyline with same engine. better handling than silvia etc.... plus its cool and very different etc........ plus value will go up and not down as its classic. etc.....

tell them bit about history of 240z and 260z and hopefully the z bug will bite.

good luck i hope the car goes to good hands and gets finished as it was dreamt up to be a nice quick classic.

After spending months looking for the right zed, this car seems like a steal for 10k. Would anyone have a rough idea what it would cost to get this car engineered, and on the road in victoria (all costs from start to finish)

best person to contact about that is James aka JP on this forum. he is from Vic as well and he knows most ins and outs for the engineering of the rb25det in a 260Z. prob can give you a good idea what it will cost to get it engineered.

in SA cost is from 1.5k to 2.5k depending what mods you need/have and if some tests need redoing.