zzzzed Posted April 30, 2014 Posted April 30, 2014 Plans have changed so I have decided to downsize which means the 2+2 won't be getting the rb25. Instead I have decided to build it as a road car and then sell it to fund development on my 240z as a track car This means a budget build. To a reasonable level of quality It will either be sporting the shakotans or the rbx's L28 5 speed I haven't decided on color yet. Being a budget build it will be a solid color. As this car is being built for who ever buys it What color do you guys think will sell it? A. Red B. white C. Blue D. Black E. Yellow G. Green F. Orange G rat rod patina. Vote away guys. This car will be for sale at any point in the build if some one offers me the right amont Cheers guys. Mick Quote
zzzzed Posted April 30, 2014 Author Posted April 30, 2014 Only thing holding me back on orange is there is already two in sa that I know of. Quote
JDSM Posted April 30, 2014 Posted April 30, 2014 Well, if last year's market is anything to go by, Paul's patina car sold pretty darn quickly.... Having said that, if the flairs are going with the car, nothing like a nice white and black theme, flat or, perhaps, with little pearl if any is available for little money? Very classy. Quote
zzzzed Posted April 30, 2014 Author Posted April 30, 2014 Patina is a possibility. Les prep work needed. Quote
Retro Z Posted April 30, 2014 Posted April 30, 2014 I reckon White, red or silver would sell best as it would appeal to a broader audience. Quote
Administrators gav240z Posted April 30, 2014 Administrators Posted April 30, 2014 Problem with Patina is it seems like more work to retain it than just do it properly. On the Safari Gold car I've been trying to do it, but I don't think it will be viable. Unless I can somehow blend new paint to look 'patina'. On a 2+2 I like the darker hues because they hide the extended roofline better. The original green is a great colour when done right. I also saw a really nice 2+2 in a dark blue once. Looked the tits. So my vote is: Green Blue Orange Red Black White Yellow Quote
Moderators PB260Z Posted April 30, 2014 Moderators Posted April 30, 2014 My choice would be light blue, but red or silver will probably appeal to a wider market. Quote
zzzzed Posted April 30, 2014 Author Posted April 30, 2014 I am tossing up between red or white with a black bonet Quote
Ledge Posted April 30, 2014 Posted April 30, 2014 White, black bonnet flares and bobtail. Gunmetal rims. Quote
zzzzed Posted April 30, 2014 Author Posted April 30, 2014 Do it like this and it should sell Thanx mate I have been looking for that image. Quote
boyblunda Posted May 1, 2014 Posted May 1, 2014 I would firstly consider the current state of the car and how it would look with the original colour - particularly if you might be able to avoid the engine bay and interior panel colour issues.This may or may not be a major factor for you. Otherwise I like White for a nice clean look and a colour that people most easily live with. I think the pic posted above looks sensational. I would almost wonder whether it might be worthwhile to get it all ready for paint and advertise it then so the purchaser can select their own colour. Plenty of opinions to be had with this question. Quote
Moderators PB260Z Posted May 1, 2014 Moderators Posted May 1, 2014 I would almost wonder whether it might be worthwhile to get it all ready for paint and advertise it then so the purchaser can select their own colour. Plenty of opinions to be had with this question. That is a SERIOUSLY interesting idea. It would also give the purchaser the opportunity to see what is under the shiny new paint. Quote
zzzzed Posted May 1, 2014 Author Posted May 1, 2014 I would firstly consider the current state of the car and how it would look with the original colour - particularly if you might be able to avoid the engine bay and interior panel colour issues.This may or may not be a major factor for you. Otherwise I like White for a nice clean look and a colour that people most easily live with. I think the pic posted above looks sensational. I would almost wonder whether it might be worthwhile to get it all ready for paint and advertise it then so the purchaser can select their own colour. Plenty of opinions to be had with this question. . Colour change is no issue because I would plan to paint the engine bay and door jams regardless of colour change or not. The car will be completely bare for a few months so I might even put it in the rotisserie. I would like to get it on the road before I sell it so I have a spare zed while I am doing the big Resto on my 2 seater. But if it sold tomorrow I wouldn't mind. Quote
Brabham Posted May 1, 2014 Posted May 1, 2014 What was the original color of it Mick? I'd be tempted to go with that, unless it was the awful beige or brown! Otherwise I would go white, looks neat, stays coolest in summer - important here in Aus, and is the national color for Japanese racing cars Quote
zzzzed Posted May 1, 2014 Author Posted May 1, 2014 It's green but I am trying to stay away from metallics as I am on a tight budget. Quote
Brabham Posted May 1, 2014 Posted May 1, 2014 Leaf green or emerald green? Acrylic would be a bit cheaper than 2 -pack Quote
Karljsw Posted May 2, 2014 Posted May 2, 2014 Can I vote a nice purple? Could be quite cool to do? Quote
zzzzed Posted May 2, 2014 Author Posted May 2, 2014 It's leaf green. I get my paint at cost as I work in a crash shop. I do like the green and am a fan of keeping cars their original Colour but I am going for the quickest cheapest what out so I think white might be the go. I will price up the green for a comparison though. Quote
zzzzed Posted May 2, 2014 Author Posted May 2, 2014 Thanx gav. Mine is the lighter green. I think I still like the white one Just so you know this is what mine looks like in its current form Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.