Andrew's Red 240Z, Sydney Australia - RED240 - SOLD

Hi Mossy,

Are these wheels leather ???

Does anyone know the diameter of the wheels.

The best thing I did with my zed was remove the 350mm momo I had on it when I first put it back on the road. Returning to the original 390mm wheel transformed the car when driving on b grade roads.

Cheers,

Aaron

Hi Aaron, I'm pretty sure the genuine Nismo ones are urethane, they look fanstastic though in my opinion, I think its what sets the interior off, just like a set of watanabes ;D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Andrew,

I am going to go for an RB gearbox upgrade. I have rebuilt my original gearbox and it is uncomfortably noisy inside the cabin,  I have used extensive dynamat and dynapad inside and still the only thing I can hear is gearbox.

The conversion is around $1200.00 + the rebuild cost of the RB if needed, this should make life more comfortable.

I am not sure what your end goal is so noise may not be of concern.

R200 LSD with CV conversion should be strong enough for the rear. I thought that urethane bushes would be a good idea initially, but I have since changed all the rear end bushes back to NOS rubber. This improved comfort and driveability on b grade roads by 300%, the only trade off is a louder bang from the diff under hard accelaration gearchange.

If every road was smooth like a race track then definitely urethane is better.

Cheers,

Aaron

Hi Aaron, that's a pretty good advice, thank you, I will PM you soon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Andrew,

I think you, me and Aaron should meet up. My Brown Hornet is very near to completion, and I am based in Sydney too. Might be nice to get these three very lovely Zeds out on the roads one Sunday morning very early.

Who did your motor, out of interest?

Adam

• 5 months later...

Hi Adam..I see you are a Porsche owner also. Have not noticed that before. Used to have a 2.7 Carrera before I moved on, I have a brand new fuel filter in a cabinet if you need one :)

Get together sounds good, but my Z is not back together yet. ALmost there. My new engine (US built, I had it impoted from stated close to 2 yearsa ago), recently went in and got my tripple Mikunis all balanced up and ready. The engine is running perfectly so far, still on run-in oil, not driving till I get my seats back in :). Just noticed an oil leak from the old oil pressure sensor, the only thing I think I did not replace, so getting a new one this week. Hoping to get te car on the road by June. Its just cosmetics now, but I'm very time poor. Still, happy to meet up. (I have other wheels also). Have you any ideas?. PM me or post here. Here's the new engine bay. Still a little tidying up to do, but the bulk of the work done.

post-851-144023716802_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Can do..PM me. I'm in the Hills District.

UPDATE: got my super deep Watanabe's on with the 225's all around. Looking good, although I dowant more rubber at back when I find something wider than 225x50x15's. Going to dosome work on the rear fenders. Going to widen the car. Not keen on the fibreglass wheel arches. Here is how she sits right now.

post-851-14402371881_thumb.jpg

post-851-144023718819_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Car ina  garage. I think I wont get around to it for another 2-3 months or so as I'm off to US this week for a little while. Anyway, little pic which I though was interesting of exotics with my 240Z. Forget Gallardo or an Audi R8, the Z stitting high and proud with the new engine already in.

post-851-144023720428_thumb.jpg

• 8 months later...
  • Moderators

Great to here that you are almost finished.

When Dad and I have worked together on cars a number of times, his when I was too young to drive and mine in more recent times. Make the most of time with your parents, sadly they won't be around forever.

Look forward to seeing more pictures.

Cheers

PB

• 3 weeks later...

Gents. Need some help here. It seems I lost lock striker parts from my doors. I see a lot of pictures of what's o the B frame side, but not much what should be on the inside of the doors. Circled in red are the parts I'm missing (R & L side) Has anyone got them here or know where to buy them?. Usual sources sell everything else but that part,

post-851-144023748733_thumb.jpg

• 240Z_au changed the title to Andrew's Red 240Z, Sydney Australia - RED240 - SOLD