-
Posts
267 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
1
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Articles
Media Demo
S30z Register
Store
Everything posted by be-zed
-
What if we asked Alan to host his run later in mid 2014. It would be a ideal run for another time .As the mountain may be a little crowded on that day.It seems the 8th is popular with a lot of a Car Clubs. So what about a different run. I am still happy to host a BBQ at my home and I will set out a run as I have done in the past .But it will be southside and I am thinking of out Beaudesert way near the New dam for a photo shoot and a coffee if possible. But as before if anyone wants to jump in and host PLEASE feel free to do so . But I will need to know this week . No later that the 22 November if I am hosting. I need to clean up.
-
Welcome Justin and Con Grads on the up coming marriage . That was a good move getting the Z now . If you're around Bris on the 8th Dec. You would be welcome to join the BBQ to say HI and show off the V8. Even if you don't have time to join the run. Just keep an eye on the QLD Christmas thread for details and there may be someone there who could help you out with information you may be looking for.
-
Guys the Z Car Club of Queensland has never had a problem with anything the AUSZCAR forum has ever done in relational to activities it conducts .More to the point it is a number of current and past members of ZCCQ that have involvement in this forum . Why : Because it is a brillant forum. We are here all the time. What the forum may be seeing as a problem, is the internal workings of the ZCCQ's involvement as a CAMS Car Club. Also the guide lines Mains Roads QLD require ZCCQ as a INC organisation that we must follow. RED TAPE sums it up . Some of us do not allways follow those guidelines to the letter. Others feel it better to stay within the rules set down by outside organisations and not risk not being covered by public insurances. It is a choice members make. I do not believe that the ZCCQ has ever meant to put across the attitude of higher than anyone. Although I have seen the results of something been taken the wrong way . Some times things could have been said and executed in ways better than what they were. I am guilty of doing such things and of being a victim on more than one occasion. You pay a high price for wisdom and if I could change some things I would. A club is bound to make some mistakes over 30 years. But the ZCCQ is working hard right now to change things to cut RED TAPE. By changing their Charter to accommodate a host of different types of membership from Family to one-five day temp memberships to cover a host of events which could work in very well with Members of the forum. Gavin has been asked to help with our Roadz to Warwick events and NDN15 .This is because a number of Forum members will be planning these events . I DO NOT SAY THIS LIGHTLY ,WE WILL NEED YOUR HELP TO MAKE THIS A SUCCESSFULL SERIES OF EVENTS. Please Help More information on ROADZ and NDN2015 will be available in January 2014
-
Mongolia , You're not digging holes are you Alan? I would perfur we stick with the original date . I may have a few options up my sleeve which may work and not cause a large disruption. There will be a run in early February if all plans fall into place along with other events called ROADZ TO WARWICK for the NDN2015 . Give me a few days and I will report back. There will be more details on these ROADZ events closer to Christmas. Shaun ,Geoff is looking for pics of the Mountain run to use as subject material in that matter I" pm" you about.
-
Jake these guys have given you a world of valuable information and knowing most of them I can say, it is all sound They have given you more choices than you can poke a stick at . But if your lady doesn't have a problem with you entering a LAPZ event. Then I am in the process of organising (with Dusty) an other event at Lakeside for sometime in May ,June 2014. You will have a chance to see how it goes up against a lot of Zeds and fast Nissans and we would glad to have you join us.We will try to keep the entry fee under or around $150 for 4 runs of 5 timed laps and up to 15 cars per group. So Jake if you come on board this the other lot may do so as well.
-
I have seen this thing in action Pete and it is a good piece of kit .Wish I had one.
-
It now seems clear that CAMS car clubs , when they hold social events such as a day run to have a BBQ .Will now have to make sure that all attending or at least traveling in club cars will have to be members of that club or be a CAMS member. It sounds like anyone else will or could be turned away . How do you police something like that?
-
I did make mention of the forum's QLD section Christmas Cruise at ZCCQ annual General meeting .We may pick a few Z's from them at the last moment.
-
I am in + 1 Sorry Pete not top dog . Thoes days are long gone. But I try to keep my hand in . Its not getting it biten that's the trick. Lots of news of up coming Z events and I will bring everyone up to speed then.
-
YEAH : If your from ZCCQ then you come on your own and risk your rego if your car is on club plates as it is an no-no to go on non INC Club EVENTS other than what Mains roads say is OK. But If you're inventive there are ways around it.But for the 2013 Christmas Cruise no joint venture with ZCCQ. Yeah I have already made the threat to become Prez if no one puts their hand up . That should be all the motivation they need to get office bearers as the thought of me in-charge again would put a chill up anyone's back . Wasn't he just a very naughty boy: Bryan
-
Nothing today ,but tomorrow is the ZCCQ AGM. Come along and become President if you like. I will spread the word about our Christmas Cruise ,but ZCCQ under their current rules can only attend CAMS events and only cams members or ZCCQ MEMBERS their events. Not sure how it all works but that's what I am told
-
I think this is the link to the preview of fACTOR R with Dick in his XE falcon
-
Great advice from everyone on Zed's in video games . I do have an old PS2 which was abandoned by the kids as they moved on to online games and only PC games. Perhaps start with that and I do remember seeing in NEED FOR SPEED round here somewhere. Jason ,don't tease me . You know my back ground in engineering and that I just might build that thing.Probably kill me by throwing me into the TV. I did look at R Factor when I was editor for the ZCCQ and found Lakeside QLD and they may have one of Morgan Park by now also . They have a clip of Dick doing a talk around the track . But I can not get the sample game to work. view Factor R preview But I would like to see other Aussie tracks . I believe EB Games have one with QLD Raceway in it , but no Z's. One with Road Atlanta or Lime rock would be good also .I have some footage of Newman in a S30 and S130 on both tracks and that would be as close as I would get to being able to get around them.
-
I need some help. I have never been much of computer games buff. But of recent I have set up a media room in the home and fulfilled the boyhood dream of the ideal sound system coupled with a 70”TV.Sometime ago I also obtained a logitech Momo wheel for the PC which is now part of the media system. As I can see myself not being able to get to the track much in the future. I was wondering what PC games may be out there that have Australian tracks in them and possibly have Z,s as part of their lineup. Can anyone help as my boy is of the opinion it is not a real computer game if nothing is blown up, killed or gunned down.
-
Allan to the rescue . Thank you for offering your home to us for this year's run. Talking about run that course looks fine Allan . But we should go over it at least once as I don't trust Google maps and direction 100%. Sorry but that is the ZCCQ and CAMS official in me talking It is best to be sure that things are what Google say they are. We need a starting point to be able to get fuel and a time to begin. I would also ask Shaun to look over the run after we have checked it and get him to post the final course.Speaking of Shaun we did miss you you at the finish for the 3 mountains . At the end I was told you were not planing on being at the finish. You may also have some interesting footage of that run that I would like to have a look at if that is possible. But you were not the only Z to drop out . It was hard on cars that run and I lost forth gear at Tambourine .Not sure what happen to it but now its back as if it had never been gone and I did nothing to it. Allan PM me your details and I will contact you. Aub
-
Perhaps the simple approach to this event is the best approach . Where we meet and go for a Cruise is of little matter. Not everybody will be happy with the start or finish. Going by the responce I got at the 3 Mountains run when I said it would make for a great night run the silence was defting, followed by some obscured reference to ham taking flight. So I don't think a night run would work. If a venue for lunch is picked then there are protocols that need to be followed .At this time of year most establishments will want to know numbers and will require a deposit which is credited to the final bill. This was the case last year for me. Most people don't make their minds up to attend until the last moment or like the option to hop out at the last minute.So I would recommend the Cruise finish at a private residence for a BBQ. It takes care of both booking and parking problems.I am happy if someone else wants to do this, but if not I can set out a run and open my home for a BBQ . Members could come and go as they please.
-
OK So how about December 8 . If an extention of invitation is extended to the ZCCQ a date has to be set as soon as possible . This is so they will have time to inform their members that may wish to attend. It may also be possible to obtain one day memberships to the ZCCQ so that all attending will be covered under Club insurances if this is to be a joint venture. The ZCCQ is looking into this arrangement for events leading up to the Road to Warwick NDN15 events.
-
Bunning's have their Christmas lights up for sale. So that means it is time to start thinking about the QLD Christmas Cruise. Last year was north side and over to Bribie , the year before was south side and to Peter T,s place for a BBQ. I also remember a very wet year at Shaun's place. What ideas have people got for this year? Just as a thought the ZCCQ had a 3 mountains run a few weeks ago . It was a very good run starting down the Gold Coast and finishing at Hope Island 2 hours later for lunch. If you like winding up and down hills and the sound of Z's barking through rain forest then this is the run for you.
-
twins Peter , nice looking job . Some same it is better to have draw through and some vote for blow through. I guess you will find out how good they are on this years Christmas run.
-
So got the air hand pump for the driver's seat fitted into the 260Z today and that made it that much better again. May have also had something to do with the set of 225/45/15 Hankook Ventus R-S3 tyres just fitted . So should be ready for the postponed 3 MOUNTAINS RUN this weekend .
-
Jason I could have said "you will need to feed us " but I didn't want to scare him or his partner to be.
-
You would be surprised how many ZCCQ members are members of this site and those who just visit . At most ZCCQ meetings Auszcar gets a mention. You would need to approach the club at one of their meetings and perhaps become a member. Cost is $60 per year . Then put forward your request for the use of their services They did it for me some 25 years ago with 3 red Z's . I don't see it as an unreasonable request. PM me if you want contact details.
-
As usual , no one can doubt the quality of your work Shaun. Should I ever take up the roll of Editor for the ZCCQ again ,I could do with your help and advice on this issue.
-
For the last twenty years I have been using a Velo non adjustable racing seat . That was fine for its purpose as a weekend warrior car for ZCCQ events. But as a road car with limited modifications it is not competitive in most events which appear on the ZCCQ calendar. So as I like to attend all types of events and its not a track car, it made sense to go back to something a bit more friendly on the spine. I will try it out on the Z club QLD 3 MOUNTAINS RUN next weekend The Z31 passenger seat only requires the mounting of some flat bar (steel or alloy) to be able to fit the 260Z seat runners. I placed them as center as possible in the seat and found it to be a snug fit in the car. • The drivers Z31 seat will require the use of a gas axe to heat two of its mountings to be bent over at right angle . I have 37 years in the trade so it was no problem . Then it is straight forward with some flat bar supports the same as the passenger seat but only on one side. The 260z runner will bolt to the modification with the holes in the runner elongated 15 mm , or drilled so there is no movement after installation . I still have to relocate the air pump for the driver's seat. Perhaps mount it to the floor. The seats are old but they are adjustable seven ways.
-
Watching the idiot box with the family last night when that AAMI add with the learner driver and the RX7 come on .Was that what you were like with the Z Dad, was the remark from my adult children."You just lost your hair and got fatter. Better get some seats for older rev heads" . Love my children ,be glad when they move out. But they could be on to something , so I fitted the seats out the Z31 that's slowly rusting away in the back yard into the 260Z today. It seems much easier to get in and out and besides the racing seat needs recovering.
