Jump to content

be-zed

Members
  • Posts

    267
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

Everything posted by be-zed

  1. Yeah: You would think I should know what tracks we are using . But I had an old moment just at that point and zoned out or it could of been the eye candy bar maid taking drink orders. But I missed it all . So we will have to wait till the official postings. What I want to know is how many interstaters are coming to the event ?
  2. Done and dusted. Program picked. No point in guessing anymore . Official announcement to follow soon.
  3. Perhaps you would like to bring your Zed to Lakeside on 23 November. Hopefully there may be a few of us from here at the track .But I do know there will be a orange Rb26 running on the day. Details of the day will be released this week in the QLD section.
  4. Point taken . But the runs are under CAMS rules and you have to be a member of a cams club . So it makes it difficult to invite outsiders to events. Even all the passengers in the car have to belong to a CAMS car club, if they are over 18. This also includes the swap meet for insurance perposes. Not sure about the pub thing. It is new and only social , best CAMS doesn't know about that. God only knows what they would have to say about that. But notice of meetings only goes out through the club's mailing list. I think and I am not sure, but it costs money each time a change is made to the ZCCQ web site.
  5. Yeah : There are a few of the Z boys and girls are off to the west to spend time with Lofty that weekend . But I have spent the odd hour or 2 with him and don't think I will be missed and I have to help family move that weekend. I also have a question or two to ask. So bring the odd rissole with me then.
  6. As the heading suggests .They are clocking up 30years .So feeling a bit old and there is no better way to get around feeling old, than with a party. So they are planning a few things in November . Speed event ,show & shine , navigation run, that sort of thing. I think all are invited if you would like to be part of this. Details to follow.
  7. Adding to the rolling shells theme. There seems to be enough RB26 Z's around now to have a heat or class just on there own. That I would like to see.
  8. Yeah that could work . But do really want to watch Matt push his car for 3Ks round the track. It would be a bit like watching grass grow. W
  9. Sorry I am not going to get involved in any mud (or what looks to be mud) sling here. I have already had my ass kicked many months ago for putting to much to soon about events on forums . Be patient and I know it is very easy to say . But plan your time off . Come for a holiday, there is plenty to see and do on both the Sunshine and Gold coasts .After having spent 11 days in Hawaii just recently .I think it has very little on our beaches here. This Nationals will be everything the last ones have been and more . It will be a CAMS event so you need to be a member of a CAMS car club. ZCCQ is a CAMS club and will help out where they can. One thing for sure is that this will not be a Z centrick event and there can be no Drifting as a speed event. But more Z's the better I say. There are a number of AUSZCAR forum members working on this event with both Shaun and lee looking after the facebook page . They did try to give ZCCQ a lecture on how to use facebook , but to most of us they could of been talking Japanese for all we know. Lee even went to the trouble of using a white board with stickers.Gav will post up posters for the event for us and we will gladly take up offers of help for the event but you will be assisting a cams official at some events. /www.facebook.com/NDOCarNationals
  10. You sound as if you're anxious to enter the event, Jason . Be assured things are well in hand . But it is only prudent to release information only if you know it is correct. So it will in Warwick Queensland . It will be over the four days of Easter 3 April to 6 April so look into accommodation now. As it will be up to the entrant to organise that for themselves same as last time. Nissan Datsun clubs are being contacted for input. But There are loose ends to tidy up and that should happen over the next few weeks. When that is completed and the web site up and running . Then you will have all the information that is needed. We are doing our best, but this sort of thing is always a hurry up and wait type of thing. It will be more expensive but that is only a natural thing . But we are working to deliver better value for your dollar this time around.
  11. As far as your times go . I have only seen 2 Z32 four seaters (twin turbo at that ) do better than 65.00 at lakeside.Hawling a bus round there in 65 takes talent. There will be no quarter given to you in November.
  12. I use these pads Lee . You can get them from Brakes Plus and the closest one to me is on Kingston rd Underwood. They are made in QLD on the Gold Coast and so so a local product. But they will do any compond you like . But the 288 compound has done me well round Lakeside and is a compromise for the road. But they do wear under heavy use and will blacken your wheels on a sprint meeting
  13. Secret Squirrel stuff: yes that would be it. Personally I am more of a Thunderbirds bloke. No pictures Richard you need to go to a few more meetings . Jason you need to come back. Yeah there is going to be some tention . But show me a club any club which doesn't have some level of tention with some of its members. I haven't finished all the paperwork (BS) at present but it will be a club anniversary event . Much like the one five years ago and yes being a ZCCQ member may have its benefits .But it should not be closed to ZCCQ members only. So Richard, can we look forward to seeing the V8 in action ?
  14. So it looks like it will be running and ready for the track by 23 November.
  15. be-zed

    CIJ run

    next thing you will know is that his Z will be bigger on the inside than the outside and the number plate changed to Tardis
  16. You may want to keep all your options open . This sort of thing is on the table for NDN2015 at Easter . So if you plan to make the trip to QLD for the Nationals. Then making up teams(4 or 6 cars) could be on the cards . There will be a notice about venue and events soon.
  17. be-zed

    CIJ run

    Yeah: Has to go without saying ,this was an excellent run and well organised . It was easy to follow instructions and giving different directions to everyone so we couldn't follow one an other was a challenge. But I have never passed so many Z's going in the opposite direction on one day. Had me wondering 'we have screwed up and have no idea where we are.But the Break areas were unique and colourfull and lunch was excellent. Sorry we missed you Jason in the 2000.
  18. Hi Pete The guys are going to be covering this sort of thing (members from this forum) at the next ZCCQ meeting on THURSDAY .Do you want a lift to the meeting and bring along the footage you you have .I am guessing you have some good stuff from the Christmas in July run you want to share and other events.I have to bring the lap top with me as they want to see samples of the Posters for the ZCCQ 30TH Anniversary thing, or with any luck it will work on the TV at SHANNONS.
  19. Carefull Jason Making a statement like that ,looks as if you want to be a team coordinator. ZCCQ may be looking for someone to fill that job for this event and that could lead to job helping organise the Nissan Datsun Nationals at Easter next year.
  20. Well that was a gripping yarn and a half. About time we had a story like this to liven up things. Welcome to the nest. You may be interested in a track day at some point in time with us. Win the ladies trophy, but you will have to fight off my Daughter for that.
  21. Quick off the mark Jason and on line . But nothing to confirm at this point. But you will need to be a member of a club and not all events will be CAMS. But for those that are you will require a LS2 Licence and there will be something to suit everyone.
  22. It looks as if a number of Sports car clubs (QUEENSLAND) may come together to hold a series of events for 2015. Some will be road and others will be track events . But it is only a club based competition ,so members don't win points only clubs do. More information to be posted when it comes to hand.
  23. I agree with those who are looking in Jason's direction . You already seem to have big dollar items in your bucket of goodies and building the engine yourself if self gratifying . It is a good feeling when you turn over the engine for the first time and it comes to life, even if it does require some cranking.If your driving the car as a weekend warrior machine and as something to get takeaway during the week,then I would just use off the shelf parts. Build it as Jason recommends. But Perhaps use KA24 or Z24 pistons with(L28 CRANK) 133mm rods if it requires boring . You can deck the block 1 mm if you wish but you will need to move chain guides or replace with after market sprocket guides. But that will not be necessary if you use the KA pistons. The other choice you have is to shim the cam towers 1mm and replace the lash pads to suit. This will give you a high torque at low revs engine.This makes a good all rounder 2950cc engine that is reliable. Compression will be around 9.3 and up to 10:1 depending on which pistons you use . You wont win any Nissan Datsun Nationals events with it but it will make them take notice and it won't cost an arm or a leg.
  24. Not sure if this fits in the classification of Movies. But as a Archer fan I was over joyed to see a fairlady Z in a episode. Pam seems to be driving a Mazda Rx2 or drifting should I say ,being chased by the fairlady . The z is driven by George Takie ( Mr Sulu Star Trek). But as it happens the Z takes a drink.
  25. Yes; that is correct. It was only a replica and I Clapped eyes on it some 22 years ago . But the owner did state to some of the jag club members I was stuck with. That Jaguar were prepared to authenticate the car if he was to fit the twin cam heads to the block . At the time it was around 22 -25k per head to manufacture or so I heard . All third hand information so don't quote me on any of this. But a small price to pay for what it would be worth now.
×
×
  • Create New...