Jump to content

be-zed

Members
  • Posts

    267
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

Everything posted by be-zed

  1. Sorry guys ,seems no one wants to enter this event . So I would not worry about going along to watch if you want to see Z`s competing
  2. Thanks for the warm welcome. I will post a few pic`s of the demise of #46 as soon as I remember where they are. Thanks to the brown hornet , your Z sounds like a labour of love . WIFE ,LIFE ,TIME are three words you should not use in one sentence. I only run about 10:1 in my Z. Lurch I was going to catch up with you then you were here for LAPZ but I blow the diff and need to nurse the car home . She who must be obeyed said if I can not drive it home . I am not to come home. As for early Z `s #12 is still around .It is owned by an ex prez of the QLD club and he is best known as one of the best navigators you can have for Targa type events . You some times see his name on those TV specials. I have heard that #3 was turned into a soft top and fitted with XD Falcon tail lights. One of the early 260 now holds the Australian land speed record for its class. That is a car to be seen.
  3. Greetings guys Time I introduced myself . Sorry for not doing this before now . My name is Aubrey and I have attend 2 Queensland AUSZCAR Christmas parties so far. The last one was very wet. But my history with Z cars goes back more than 30 years . I am a founding member of the Z Club QLD and the person responsible for the first Z car Nationals in 1990.I have owned 6 zeds to date but enjoy the red 260 I have owned for than 22 years. I have helped the QLD Z Club with most of it`s events from stands at the Brisbane international motor show (late 90`s) to events at Lakeside , Ipswich and Morgan Park raceways. I have done more night runs than is wish to remember . But I did enjoy the Marque sports car Club`s midnight to dawn nav runs.You do not want to set out one of this night runs and have a mistake in the instructions. Good thing there were no trees and ropes handy at the time.My 260 is a two seater with a short stroke 3 litre(2.8L big pistons) L-series engine . It runs triple Dellortoes with headers to a 2 1/2 system. I have made my own height adjustable suspension as I am a machinist by trade. I do miss my first 240Z it was creamed by a tri-axle semi in 89. It was shortened by 14 inches It was chassis number HS30-000046. But I still have its gear knob.
  4. Good lord man , you should have that engine together by now. Stop looking at those brakes (we all know they look lovely the size of rubbish bin lids ) and get back to the engine. That red rocket with the silver strip could be there. So revenge for LAPZ could be on the cards. My daughter will be taking the 260 out for the first time and she may not be the only female to join us.
  5. Guys This is for the afternoon sprints on the 1st of October 2011 and is through the Z CLUB QLD We are able to make a group booking of fifteen (15) cars for the Saturday afternoon Street Sprint. The standard entry fee is $145 per entry, but as a group it will only cost $100 per entry. Sign in will be at 12.00 noon with timed runs due to commence at 1.00pm. We will receive three (3) time runs for the afternoon with the possibility of a forth run. This event is for street registered cars but as a club group entry non registered club cars will be permitted. There will be no classes It is possible to have shared drives. This will be two drivers as one entry (entry forms for both drivers will need to be filled out) over three timed runs. However if there is enough interest in this event we may have two groups so duel entries may be possible. That is two drivers for one car or two cars for one driver. There may be passenger rides after the sprint event if there is time. As a group entry we will not be eligible for points towards the Street Sprint series. To register your interests in this event please send an e-mail reply to zclubqrmeeting@hotmail.com Entry forms will be forwarded by return e-mail. The required licences(all drivers except happy laps) for this event is a ASAA licence . This can be obtained through the club with the entry forms .The cost for a licence (day -$20 ) (year -$55). COSTINGS MAY BE SUBJECT TO CHANGE. Closing date for expressions of interest will be the 12/09/2011. Entry forms will be e-mailed after the 05/09/2011 those registered. The group booking may be cancelled if required numbers are not obtained. Closing date for entries will be no later than 23/09/2011 TO REGISTER YOUR INTEREST E-MAIL TO zclubqrmeeting@hotmail.com As a sprint event there are no standing starts. Each run is five flying laps
  6. A word of warning . QLD guys may have to prove that they belong to a Incorporated club for S plates at renewal each year. Or so the girl at main roads tells me. With any luck she was just yanking my chain to make sure I was really a member of a car club. I find I only use the 260 on club events and club business and to get spare parts anyway. You may have a problem when pulled over if the back of your Z is full of groceries. Just tell them supplies for a Club BBQ. Still saving a good chunk of money to pay for the next LAPZ event entry fees.
  7. After being in the QLD Z Car Club for more years than I wish to think about . I finally changed over to S rego plates and got full Comp Insurance from Shannons for agreed value . The savings are huge . If you have your Z in your name the change does not require a safety certificate.
  8. Just a thought. If funds were available and I am not saying they are. What kind of memorabilia for LAPZ 2011 should we get.
  9. Well we are committed to this event as money was put on the table today. Lakeside is booked for May 21. The programme for the day will be as follows Breakfast from 7.15am to 8.15 am, Happy laps from 8.15am to 8.45am. This is separate from LAPZ 2011 and is $20 per person. Private Practice and Drivers Briefing from 9.00am to 12.30 pm Sprints from 1.00pm to 4.30pm , Looks as if we may have a large number of spectators from other Jap clubs present at this event. Entry forms will be available soon .
  10. If you are having trouble with selecting jets for your 44 mikunis , you should come and talk the Z guys that will be at the Japanese Classic display on Sunday the 20th of February 2011 held at the Earnshaw State College Earnshaw Road Banyo. There will be a number of Z`s with triple carbs on display . These guys should be able to help you out .They will be there from 8.00am to 2.00 pm
  11. This event is not an attempt to take anything away from the Sydney Nissan /Datsun nationals a month earlier. It just turned out that that Saturday in May(21) is the only date that suits a lot of the Queensland Z club people and Lakeside is popular . So there may not be to many Z s from QLD going to the Nats at Easter.Most want to be part of this event and after a look at the LAPZ 2010 DVD you can see why!
  12. It was great to see you guys come along to the club meeting and bring us up to speed on what the forum offers. I would like to say thank you on behalf of Z club Queensland for your input. Yes I know things can seem a little formal at times. But as an incorporated club we are required to follow this format as set out in our constitution. It is also a chance to let members know what we are planning and gather input . No point in planning an event if only 3 people have an interest in it.I found the meeting to be successfull as we now have planning for Xmas in July( weekend away) well under way . The first run of the year to MT Mee is on the 6 Feb and there will be plenty of Z`s to look at. We now also have plans to run another LAPZ type event at Lakeside or QR raceway this year. A show and shine event for Feb 20 . I am not sure how the swap meet fund raiser for the floods will work , but we will come up with something.
  13. I will make an effort to be there . Last year`s was good and I do not want to miss this year`s. The z has not be out since LAPZ at the Lake and needs a run.
  14. All these times are impressive, but not having raced at lot of tracks . I am not sure what is fast at which track.But I know Lakeside and QLD Raceway sprint and clubman tracks well.So this is just rule of thumb times . 70 is quick ,67.00 is fast,65.00 is very fast,63.00 is exotic car fast, 61.00 is bloody fast, 60.00 or under you will have trouble convincing people that your car is legal and road reg . this is for S30 type only . Add around 2-3 seconds for the clubman track at QR
  15. It seems there is some confusion here . This was a Nissan -Datsun Nationals not a Z car club Nationals. But it was hosted by the Z Club QLD in place of the Z Nationals. Z C
  16. Hi Steve Thanks for the BBQ .Sorry for leaving your place in a mess. I will send a copy of NDN09 to you ASAP . How about a track day at QLD Raceway or Lakeside next year . They are easy to organise and you only need a road reg car. Sorry for the late reply Merry Christmas Aubrey
  17. Thanks for the invite. I will be there. This will be my first meeting with Auszcar. So I will look forward to it. Aub
×
×
  • Create New...