Jump to content

zzzzed

Members
  • Posts

    2,697
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    5

Everything posted by zzzzed

  1. Nice work mate. Have you though about an oil accumulator to give you a bit more volume. I think my motor is holds around 8 liters with the accumulator. I also have an extra external oil drain at the back of the head.
  2. I finally have my car ready for its first track day. I had a bit of a hiccup with dirty fuel injectors. So I had jazmac in my barker send them off for a clean. I think the problem Might be the e85 losening all the crap from the inside of the original tank So I think I will be installing a new alloy fuel cell in the near future. Any way. It now makes 276 rwkw on a mild tune which will be plenty enough To put brown marks on my jocks. I will be looking forward to my first track outing in a few weeks time
  3. The first zed I owned I sold on eBay to a guy in England. It now resides in Scotland and is fairly well known in the World wide zed community. http://www.speedhunters.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/260z015.jpg
  4. It's all over face book
  5. It says in the link provided by G that there is a 260z in the movie and I belive that it is that thing in the above picture that looks a little like a vett. That is no Australian based car.
  6. Geez gav. We might have to get the guy wou runs this show to ban you.
  7. I am a member on allmetalshaping
  8. I have one. It does what it is supposed to. Sorry mine is not for sale.
  9. There are always second hand hammer and dollys on eBay I would start there
  10. http://www.metalmantools.com.au
  11. Welcome mate. I am not sure if we have met at any of the local car shows. If not I hope we get the chance in future events. Keep an eye out on face book for the Adelaide Datsun club we have an anual gathering later in the year Mick
  12. If you can't get hold of a oxy for heat shrinking it can be done with a large butane tourch. It's not ideal because it spreads the heat to wide but it can be affective.
  13. Get the shape right first mate. And then search heat shrinking on YouTube
  14. Your on the money Dave. I have a 1 meter long block made from firm rubber. It takes sticky back sand paper It is ideal for getting filler and primer dead flat. I also have an air long block and a 8" orbital sander I call the bog buster to knock the bulk of it of faster. Then I finish it off with the standard long block
  15. I have to agree. And a car is worth what some one is willing to pay for it. I have been watching the for sale threds on face book for the orange car I pictured. And it gets so many comments from non zed people asking at $25k why it's so cheep. As these cars are getting less and less the 2+2 prices are climbing.
  16. It is a bloody nice car gav. I did the body work and gave it the full bare metal rotisserie treatment. Here are se more natural pics that I took when I was putting it back together. The first one was taken the day I delivers it back to its owner. And a few more recent pics
  17. This one is for sale for around the same price. I know the car well it's had big dollars spent
  18. If you don't mind buying interstate I could put you on to a much nicer 260z for about the same price.
  19. Looks great. I bet it looks even better in person.
  20. I will leave it to the new owner to tell the story. He not may not want it publicly broadcast But he is a member here.
  21. Yeh it's a true story.
×
×
  • Create New...