Jump to content

zzzzed

Members
  • Posts

    2,697
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    5

Everything posted by zzzzed

  1. Hey! I resemble that remark!
  2. zzzzed

    MUST DO SOMETHING

    Yep.
  3. I spoke to an engineer here in sa who said he wod pass them. But I guess that's no help to you.
  4. 15 mins from my town. Just over an hour out of Adelaide. You would drive through it driving from Melbourne to Adelaide
  5. It's not the first s13 I have seen with an l series. There was one in my home town a while back.
  6. Thanx roger. I might give him a call in the next couple of weeks.
  7. zzzzed

    MUST DO SOMETHING

    . Lol stupid iPhone auto correct
  8. zzzzed

    MUST DO SOMETHING

    Yeh I know I promised a BBQ but things have been tight. I'll defiantly be up for something soon though. Mayberry a workshop day. I will need to change an engine soon.
  9. I think you have a desease John boy
  10. Apart from the fact they ruined a good gto. I spyrd a S30 speedo, or was it a tach. I am not going to replay it to find out.
  11. The flat tops are on and running. It sounds so sedate w I pared to the triples. And the power Delivery is very meh!! I want the triples back :'(. I wi have to wait till the new engine is done.
  12. Very nice. My second favourite colour on a zed
  13. Maybe we could 3d print some.
  14. I run 15x8 zero offset on a 260z 2 seater my guards have not been lipped I have no issue with rubbing.
  15. Welcome mate will be great to see this one out and about when it's done.
  16. So I have fitted the flat tops back up for now first problem. I can't find the original fuel rail so it looks like I will be emptying my shed untill I find it tomorrow after work. I know it's in there some where. I do have one question. Is it necessary to run water through the manifold? Or is it just to help the engine warm up faster?
  17. It's a band from the 90's they are always on that biker bar show. The singer from Jackel is a big part of the show. He likes to say kapow.
  18. Kapow hey? Have you been listening to Jackel by any chance Yeh well I have decided to revert back to the old flat tops untill I can build up my l28.
  19. I just read that a stock l26 cam will work in a l28 and the sick l26 cam is slightly larger so should work well with the mild regrind
  20. No but I plan to in the future.
  21. Thanks for the reply. Guys. Jdsm. Did I sell you some extractors from Murray bridge? If so I saw your car at mt barker at Paul's BBQ dyno day I may be interested in your motor but that depends on my finances. My main reason for building a motor is I can throw money at it over time as I can afford it. But keep me informed any way. You never know. I may win the lottery between now and then. And if I do I'll take your engine and give it to Pete McDonald to build me the highest hp l series he has ever built Roger Your car impressed me when you took me for a run. Good numbers from a mild spec motor. Who does your head work would he be interested in cleaning one up for me? Nothing to flash. Just enough for it to flow the numbers I am after. From what I have read on the World Wide Web, the 120 rwkw is more than obtainable with the specs I have in mind for this engine. Other people with the same specs. Such as stock crank and rods with flat top pistons, n42 head with mild cam and port match and possibly a mild port. If these other people are not full of them self they have been getting between 180 to 200 hp. This should be enough to scare many many bogons.
  22. As my l26 in my 260z 1+1 is giving me grief I thought it might be to think about a new engine I could buy a second hand engine but then I don't know what I am rely buying. I have always wanted to have a go at rebuilding an engine. I figure you don't learn if you don't try. I will be taking my time with this build for a couple of reasons. 1 because of finances and two I don't want to cut corners. My goal is not max power, it will be more about strength and reliability. I will be more than happy with 120 rwkw. I will be asking a lot of questions along the way as well as doing a lot of reading. I have some questions right now to kick this build in to gear. I have an n42 block and head in storage which I have not seen in years. I went to have a look at them today. I thought that it was a little more complete than it is. The head is missing the cam and cam followers. Here are some questions 1 can I use the cam followers from my l26 e88 head in an n42? 2 I recently bought l26 mild grind cam from Linton. Will it be Ny good for a n42? 3 is it worth going up a size in valve? 4 shold I run flat top pistons or dished with standard chamber n42? I think that's it for now. Cheers Mick
  23. Adjusting the valve clearances made it better but still not ideal. I think I will leave it at that untill I can build my l28. I suspect that this motor is just a bit to tired for triples
×
×
  • Create New...