Jump to content

zzzzed

Members
  • Posts

    2,697
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    5

Everything posted by zzzzed

  1. Yeah I'll call up weber Adelaide tomorrow and see what they can do for me. By the way I got the jets yesterday cheers mate.
  2. I think this might be the reason my number 1 carby is way out of balance I am having so much luck with this set up. Also I but a straight eadge across the manifold and it is close to 1mm hollow in the middle. Is that touch or should it be perfectly flat?
  3. No I will be doing that when I pull it off again during the week
  4. As you can see from this photo it has been vaccume leaking from number 1 This is because the manifold has been fowling on the thermostat housing. You can see the mark it left in the aluminium in this pic I ground the manifold down to stop it fowling and then fitted it back up. Unfortunately it is still running bad and popping from the carbs. I can not get the carbs balanced. With the linkages disconnected, The front carby has the highest air flow even with idol screw all the way out. I can't get carby two and 3 to flow as high as number 1 even with the idol screws all the way in. I thinking that it must still be leaking air some where. I will get a new manifold gasket during the week and see of that helps. I am hoping I haven't bent the manifold screwing it up on the thermostat bolt.
  5. 400 degree?
  6. Carbs are already on. I also remembered I also have lower than standard profile wheels to which might answer my question.
  7. Peter hall just had a quick look at my car. He seems to think it may have a vaccume leak. So I will pull the manifold on the weekend and replace the gasket
  8. . Sorry to dig up an old thred. Bit if these figures are correct them that changes a lot with my car. My l26 with flat top hitachi's and all the pollution gear got 80 rwkw on its. Last duyno and that's on very d points plugs and leads. So maybe I shold measure my cam profiles before I change my cam. ? Will my 30mm chokes in my mikuni's stifle the engine with a bigger cam? Maybe I should go back to the 34 chokes.
  9. Ok I have almost finished my air box. I need to get a new pice of Perspex. This was just a Off cut I had in my shed and is quite scratched. I also need to weld a 3 inch pipe on the front for the pod filter Also I will make a Rubber gasket for the lid I didn't think it would affect the way it runs as much as it has. It now has quite a Large flat spot. But seems to go harder when you burry the foot Hopefully the bigger air jets will fix that.
  10. Yeh thank mate. I left room for bigger trumpets because I will be getting some later on
  11. I think I will alter it and give it a slight taper. If only for looks lol. Will post up pics later
  12. Her is a photo of my air box I just knocked up. It is still in the rough stage and hasn't been welded yet. I am planing on running a Perspex lid so you can still see the trumpets and a pod filter poked through the rad support. "Maybe" My questions are. Does size matter? Is it to big Should I taper the back for air flow to the back trumpets Is there any thing I am doing wrong It will be tidy up a lot more before it is finished.
  13. Sorry I swear I put a post coad last night lol. 5252. If happy with $160 I'll grab it.
  14. What would postage be to SA. I might be interested.
  15. Any idea on the specs of this cam. Would it be ok for a stock l26 with tripple 40mm mikuni's?
  16. I'll check it out tomorrow. I can't see that they would be damaged. Pete was the last person to play with them.
  17. Yeh I got the idle down a bit but I can't keep it steady enough to get the balance 100% Because of rich idle. I am hoping the jets will fix this. I may still try the 34 mm chokes to see how they perform a cam is on the list. But I will wait till I pull the engine to re paint the engine bay.
  18. I think after driving it a bit it is starting to feel a bit quicker. I am not sure if it is because the carbs are cleaning them self out, or it is just because I was expecting to much after driving a rb20det powered zed around for the last 3 months. . The main jet and air jet are still to small so Simon is sending me the correct sized jets. So hopefully once they are in it will be better again. Mick
  19. You suck lol
  20. Well I have to watch it so I can learn what not to do on the track
  21. About time knackers
  22. I was lucky enought to catch a ride in Paul's car today. I think I pooed a little bit. Dam it's quick. I think my eye balls are stuck to the back of my head.
  23. Yeh I won't be going back. As I said there's heaps of room for improvement.
  24. Yeh mate they sure do. And there's so much room for improvement. I wouldn't say it hasn't much more power if anymore stock. But the rev range is has expanded out of sight from the stock hitachi's. I will be getting a proper tune ASAP.
  25. I threw some rego on the old girl today so it gavel a chance to get out and try out the mikuni's The verdict is. They are the opposite of the flat top hitachi. Where the flat tops had reasonable torque down low they fell in a big hole after around 4500 rpm. The mikuni's are complete opposite of that. I did not think it was possible for this old l26 to rev that high. And it did it very smoth. Down low in the revs it is a little disappointing though. I am hoping I can pick up a little down low with some longer trumpets. I might even try a different manifold later. It hasn't been tuned yet and needs new plugs points and leads too so I think there is a lot of room for improvement. I have tiny little 30mm chokes at the moment but I also have a set of 34mm chokes. One set is to small and the other set is to big. (Stock as a rock l26) What would be better? To big or to small? And how would the larger chokes act compared to the smaller ones?
×
×
  • Create New...