Jump to content

zzzzed

Members
  • Posts

    2,697
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    5

Everything posted by zzzzed

  1. You should take it to the drags. I would love to know what it would do down the quater.
  2. Mate. I would be to old to race by the time I had paid it off
  3. You buy me a Lotterie ticket. If I win I will buy your car.
  4. . Yes I remember your car coming in on the trailer. 44 not a bad time for that car. I hope I can get a similar time in my datsun 1200. Unfortunately I only got the 1 video and a cople of pics of my own car.
  5. A couple of photos from race day
  6. This was not my fastest lap. I ably made a 43 second pass I actually came of around the bowl. It was my last run so I pushed a little to hard. And locked up the fronts.
  7. Wash your mouth out. Why would you say such words . Bothy zeds are coming with me to the grave. Pluss I can't sell the blue one. It was a gift from my old man.
  8. I think I will keep the 240 on the road untill I get told I am no longer alowd to by the orthoties .
  9. That's interesting to know. There is no doubt that once I have got the 1200 together that I will give it a few runs. Who knows maybe it might change my mind. My thinking is that my 240z is already 3/4 of the way to being a to being a race car. With a another $5000 on suspension it would be competitive. So if I sold my 1200 to pay for that then I am there It would cost me a lot more to get my 1200 to the same level of performance that my 240z already is. And to me it seems a waist to have all the power and performance that my 240z has if I can't use it. Which I can not on the road. I already have 2 s30's so I think my wallet would much better of if I let the 12undies go. :'(
  10. Yeh it's already for a l20b with twin delorts. I thought the zed would be a better handling car?
  11. . It just so happens my blue 260z 2 seater has a set of 15 x8 shakatans with some slightly warn advan semis licks. I ahold have swapped wheels for the day. I will do that next time. I don't earn enough to be able to afford targa rallies and I don't wand to scratch my car so door to door is out. I am happy with hill climbs and sprint. If I feel I want to run in a class, then I can enter my other stick zed in the production class. So I do have choices there. I was am currently building up a 1200 coupe as a dedicated track car. But after driving my zed on the track, I don't think I can down step. So I will Finnish of the 1200 and sell it and use the money to further develop my 240z.
  12. . Haha but and it wod free up south spare time
  13. Oh now that's harsh. I did not expect that from you Benny haha No I am just on the limit of my data allowance and it costs a fortune if I go over.
  14. . You tube is coming in a few days.
  15. . Sorry mate I should have stated in my first post. I already have willwoods with race pads on The front. But yes I think the first thing I will be looking at is shocks and tyres.
  16. Errr yeh mate. There is no chopping involved in putting an RB in a s30. I could revet mine back lo Lseries I. Half a day if I wanted to. For me it was about bang for buck. My RB cost me around $4000 to install because I did all the work my self. To have an L series with the same power would cost me tens of thousands. My car is insured for $25,000 with the RB in it, so I don't think it has devalued it much at all
  17. Yeh I don't think I'll make it to the next meet. I am in a bit of a hole at the moment. I don't think I'll get out there again till next year. Thank for the tips guys. My front brakes will not need upgrading any time soon. I already have willwoods up there. And r31 skyline at the rear. Hence the fronts locking up
  18. I entered my 240z in the collingrove hill climb come and try day today Oh. My. Loard. I have a new addiction. Before they started us on the timed runs they took us on a convoy up the hill. I nearly pooped right there. The track is extremely narrow. ( 1 lane) and rather steep and tight. First run I pulled I drive conservatively but I did manage a 46 something. After a few runs getting to know the track I got it down to a 41.9. The last two runs went a bit slower. I think this might be because I found the limit of cohesion of my cheap assed Chinese brand tires. That limit was not very high I can tell you. In my very last run I went all out and even tried to make my own version of the track. I have that on video. I will upload it when my data allowance resets. Soooooo now I will be working on improving my Zed for better times. My two main problems now is my lack of traction and my fronts lock up to easy. Looks like I might have to put some willwoods on the rear. And maybe a proportioning valve. Then some coil overs and adjustable control arms. I need to fertilise my money tree. :-\
  19. If you rely want to be different. Then put an l20b in it
  20. A friend? But I hate every one
  21. Would love to if I can afford it at the time.
  22. It's a factory mikuni manifold. I will be getting longer trumpets when I a bit more financial.
  23. Yeh. Sorry about that. I must have been excited by noise
  24. You have been busy. Good work knackers.
  25. Ok triples are on and running. They are still needing a tune so I might need to pay Peter hall. Visit. But first I need to replace the linkage rod ends because they are getting old and brittle and one of them broke. Other than that it starts easy. And runs ok. The idle is a little high but that will get sorted with a Tune. Check out the vid
×
×
  • Create New...