I am in Murray bridge post code 5253.
Doors have minor rust. Very easy fix. But arleast they will fit properly I can take photos if you like just to make sure they are what you are after.
Not sure if the op has a 2 seater or a 2+2.
But I have a 74 and a 76 2+2 sitting here and both the latches , door frames and door James are different from one and other.
Ahhh so you are trying to put 74/75 doors on a 76. Yes they won't fit.
The strikers are completely different and the shape of both the door shell and door jam are also different.
I have a pair of 76 doors I could have done a straight swap if you was closer, as I am after. Set of 74 doors.
I could not be bothers waiting for a slam panel to come through the post so I made one up.
With a bit of time I could get it perfect but it's a rat racer and would rather spend time on more important areas.
All welded in
The slam panel was one of the worst I have seen on a zed. Just fixing this has made this shell a whole lot better.
It's starting to come together.
Started on the rust. It gets easier every time.
I am not going to be able to have it rest for the track as soon as I would like as I still have to work out some other issues. So the rb25 will end up in the 240z for at least one more race season.
The 260z will still be rat racer for a while untill I have more important
Things sorted out. Cosmetics will be last on the list.
I had a cigweld 135a before I upgraded to the cigweld 175i.
The 135 was a great little welder. I Builth rotisserie with it and used it for a whole lot of rust repair.
Perfect for the beginner and home hobby person.
I have decided I am going to go the patina look which means I will get this thing on the track much sooner.
I am going to push real hard to try have it ready for mt alma early next year.
So I will be leaving the paint as is. Adding some battle stickers, fixing the rust and then hiting it with darting clear to hold it all together. So the rb25 will be dropped right in as soon as I can get it home. The 240z might have to take a vacation for a while as I need to get some things together to convert it back to an L series.
I have a picture in my head on what it's going to look like I think it will be nasty.
Mick
Reading that post was a bit like being inside my own head. (Scary). So many zeds, so many options, not enough time. I don't know about you, but my zeds keep me from tipping over in to insanity.
Fair enough. But at the end of the day. I am just out there to have fun I am not rich enough to be competitive so I will be racing against my own clock.
The main reason is that the 240z is worth more than the 2+2. And I don't want to crash it and break it.
The 240z is not engineared with an RB engine and I don't think I could be bothered going through the hassle. It is not easy here in SA. I also think the 240 would be a little more cool with a l28 with triples
There is to much missing on the 2+2 to bother doing a original restoration.
There is more wait to be striped out of a 2+2. I don't think it would be as light as a 240z though.
However they would still be lighter than a skyline or silvia and they don't suffer from weight issues on the track.
Plus I will have around 350rwhp so I don't think weight will be much of an issue.
I have herd that the 2+2 actually handles better that a 2 seater any way.