Jump to content

zzzzed

Members
  • Posts

    2,697
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    5

Everything posted by zzzzed

  1. zzzzed

    2014 All Japan Day

    What he said
  2. zzzzed

    2014 All Japan Day

    Looks like its going to be a hot one again. Don't forget to slip slop slap.
  3. I have noticed smooth gear changes are a little bit more challanging. But we'll worth it. It's so much more responsive.
  4. I have fitted the lightened l20b flight wheel to a stock l28 How much difference in power delivery does a lightened flywheel actually make? Because it rely does not feel like a stock l28. If I press the loud pedal to far around corners in second my rear end brakes loose very easy. I struggled to get them to even chirp with the old l26. The l26 made 80rwkw on the dyno. The l28 feels closer to 100+ rwkw
  5. Hey mate. If you could be bothered coming to Murray bridge betwen now and Saturday I will swap wheel until after you go throug inspection.
  6. I will take them off for now because I have run out of time and money. I will order a rebuild kit from wolf creek when I have time.
  7. I have tryed 3 different manifold gaskets as well as 3 different sets of cab to manifold gaskets. I have had the manifold faced. I have been trying to chase air leaks since I first fit them. No mater what I do the problem doesn't change. Even now I have them on a totally different engine. I am almost ready to bin them.
  8. The restricter did not fix the problem. It just mate the revs more stable. It is still popping from both ends. Something is not right as the middle carb idle speed screw is all the way in and not touching the throttle arm. That's with the linkage arms disconnected Oh we'll back to the su's for now until I have time for a closer look
  9. I have done every thing except put a restricter in the line. I have tried 3 different sets of gaskets. The carbs ran fine on Roberto's engine.
  10. Both
  11. It revs up fine with no popping. It only pops at idol, if you could call it idol.
  12. Hey mate I have only had the su's 1 week. I bought them thinking they were hitachis I will pull the needles tomorrow to see if they have numbers on them. The l28 is stock as far as I know, with the su carbs it pulls hard all the way through the rev range. I am very happy with them.
  13. Oh no it's popping at both ends.
  14. I have a set of British su's on there at the moment and they are running sweet. I will see if I get time to give the triples one more go during the week.
  15. That might explain why the first carb revs highest. It's the first one in line to get the fuel.
  16. When running triples with mechanical pump, do I need the restriction in the return line for fuel pressure. Would this make my car run lean?
  17. Back to the mikuni triple saga. I have since fitted an l28 from a 280zx to my 260 First thing I had to do was refit the oil pump drive because it was no wear near the 11:25 on the distributor shaft I fitted up the mikunis and fired it up. I thought you beauty it's idling and running half decent. But once warmed up its back to backfiring out the carbs and an erratic idol. It either idols to high or not at all With the linkages disconnected and all chokes fully closed, to get carbs close to balanced, number 1 carb idol screw is all the way out, no2 carb idol screw is all the way in and no 3 is Abbott half way. I was wondering now could it be that the manifold is warping once up to temperature. I might try a different manifold to see if it makes a differance
  18. zzzzed

    2014 All Japan Day

    A meting place has been organized on fairlady z for details
  19. Thanx guys. I have been given a choice between a set of early or late round tops I think I will take the early set.
  20. I know there are a couple of different variants of round top su carbs. I have a bucket of parts from different round tops and some of the bells have more screws than others. Are the differences cust cosmetic or is one better than the other?
  21. zzzzed

    2014 All Japan Day

    Hopefully I will have a free seat
  22. zzzzed

    2014 All Japan Day

    Sounds like a plan if I can get a zed running in time.
  23. I prefer the .6wire my self. Especially for metal as thin as .8. I get far flatter beads. The welder at work runs .8 And my welder at home is .6 I much prefer my home welder. I guess that shows how welding styles can differ Chose what works best for you.
  24. Well ill be a monkeys third cousin. That's why they call you ledge. Haha I wod never hove seen that if no one pointed it out. Cheers knackers.
×
×
  • Create New...