Ledge's Patina Project

Ledge

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All

OK first stage done, Put in the Koni Reds, Adjustable front arms, Rear adjustable bushes and the lowered springs

Laid down the base white for the numbers and signs that need it

Put some Japanese writing , It should say Ledge and my name, But probably

says stupid Aussie bastard.

Cheers

Paul

post-2036-144023702604_thumb.jpg

post-2036-144023702612_thumb.jpg

Please don't go through with the fake patina thing.

It's.. it's... for lack of a better description, lame.

It's trying to hard to be something it's not.

I just don't understand why this "fake patina" craze has kicked in.

It's one thing if you buy a car with rust, and some faded panels, and drive it, fine, have at it, but to make a car look old and weathered is just trying to hard. The only time it would be acceptable is for a specific car in a movie that requires that look, otherwise it's just pathetic IMO.

Goes along with people stripping down their hoods and making them rusty, WTF? Is it supposed to look good or something? It looks terrible.

The first time I saw that 2010 Camaro, I just shook my head. I mean really, a rusty plastic car? You're not fooling anybody.

Please don't go through with the fake patina thing.

It's.. it's... for lack of a better description, lame.

It's trying to hard to be something it's not.

I just don't understand why this "fake patina" craze has kicked in.

It's one thing if you buy a car with rust, and some faded panels, and drive it, fine, have at it, but to make a car look old and weathered is just trying to hard. The only time it would be acceptable is for a specific car in a movie that requires that look, otherwise it's just pathetic IMO.

Goes along with people stripping down their hoods and making them rusty, WTF? Is it supposed to look good or something? It looks terrible.

The first time I saw that 2010 Camaro, I just shook my head. I mean really, a rusty plastic car? You're not fooling anybody.

Every one is entitled two their own opinion and to tell some one not to so something because you don't like it is not the way to go. If we all thought the same then this world would be major boring

Every one is entitled two their own opinion and to tell some one not to so something because you don't like it is not the way to go. If we all thought the same then this world would be major boring

While I agree with you, there are a plethora of things that can be done differently than others and not ruin an S30, or any other car for that matter.

Just so you know where I'm coming from, look at my build thread, my car has "real patina", and there's nothing worse than getting the question "So when are you gonna paint it?"

My response so far has been "When it deserves it." but that was really just because I haven't started the real build on it yet.

The "patina thing" be it real or faked gets boring rather quickly.

Hi Six-shooter,

I'm fine with you having your opinion man so you can say what ever you like.

What you may not no is i restore cars for a living and this is something i have

always wanted to do, As well as that the paint job that is on the car is bubbling

and not done anywhere near the standard i would want on the car. So to me this is the

perfect car to do this to.

Would you prefer i do it to my other restoration on HS30 00068.

Nah i didn't think so.

As i have all equipment and paint and booths at my disposal if i end up not liking it

or getting sick of it i will simply repaint the car.

Cheers

Paul

post-2036-144023702689_thumb.jpg

• Administrators

Me Riley needs more fading though maybe an off colour panel. Do like the vintage signage where do you get them from?

Maybe paint front spoiler black with destressed look and then nice set of wheels and lower it :).

Cheers Gents.

Gav i actually got some pics of the www thingy and just masked

and sprayed the signs. got a friend to make some stencils as he is

a sign writer which made the numbers and letters pretty easy.

The car has only got 100 mm ground clearance now , how bloody slammed

do you guys want it.

Hopefully my ZG flares and Rota's will rock up today for the car. then it is

gunna be filthy.

Cheers

Paul

Hi Paul

I love what you are doing to the 260.  It's of particular interest to me as I helped build this car years ago and you bought it from my son.  It was my idea for the stripes......I like them......a bit of fun, much like what you are doing.

In fact, I have my 240 on Gumtree at the moment and that has stripes as well.

I think your Zed will be a hit and much photographed where ever you take it.  Well done on being adventurous.

Cheers

Philip

HI All

my mate has one of those mini truck thingies with he switches and sparks fly from that.  ;D

This car is coming up better than i hoped, I cant wait for the flares etc. Bloody couriers.

Hi Phillip Your 240 should sell no probs for the price you have on it. Ive never really liked

stripes over the car on Road Cars. That's why this car was perfect for me to do this to.

I hope Travis likes it, I intend to take it to his house when I'm done to show him.

regards

Paul

post-2036-144023702742_thumb.jpg

post-2036-144023702748_thumb.jpg

post-2036-144023702754_thumb.jpg