• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey there

I was looking at rota rbxs 8.5 with +20 would they fit my 260z 2+2 standard suspention

With 245-40/17s

Thanks

Quick answer NO. 8.5" +20 gives approx 5.5" of backspace and the stock suspension is only good for 4.5" on the front of a 260z. A 8.5 +4 would work but it is going to require lip rolling on the front - the rear of 2+2 has a little more room than a 2 seater so they might fit without mods but that is just a guess.

• Administrators

So has anyone got photos of Rota RK-R's on a 240z? In 17" since that's the only size available it seems?

I have always wanted Watanabe's but if you can get almost the same thing for a fraction of the price I'd seriously consider it.

So has anyone got photos of Rota RK-R's on a 240z? In 17" since that's the only size available it seems?

I have always wanted Watanabe's but if you can get almost the same thing for a fraction of the price I'd seriously consider it.

Well I am working with the local agent here in NZ on a set of 15x8 RK-R right now - I will hopefully be getting a rim to test fit and see if they clear the 12.19" Wilwood setup on the front of the 260z race car. So I might have photos (no tyres) of a single wheel in the next day or so.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi i was wondering the best offset for rota rims to fit under stock 260z 2+2 no coil overs just 1.5" lowered

Id like to have no mods but guard rolling would 17 8.5+10 front and 9" -5 rear with no flares ?

Or would 8"+5 be a better fit?

Thabks

Hi i was wondering the best offset for rota rims to fit under stock 260z 2+2 no coil overs just 1.5" lowered

Id like to have no mods but guard rolling would 17 8.5+10 front and 9" -5 rear with no flares ?

Thabks

I have a set of 18x8 1/4" wheels with a -2mm offset if you want to see what they look like and give you an idea of where the extra width will sit. No tyres mounted on them at the moment, but the final fit and whether you have enough clearance will depend on the final tyre size you ant to run.

They dont make a +5 in the RB only +4.

16x8 +4 will fit front and rear with 225/50s but you will need to roll your back guards.

I wouldnt go with +10s on a Z when there are better options. http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/103675-rota-rb-r-17x85-4-offset-what-size-tires/ here is a guy running the 17x8.5 +4s and they fit fine. Amazing what you can find when you search the internet?  :o

I'm going to say you arent going to be fitting 9" rears on with -5 offset. If you read the post about backspace i wrote in this thread you will be able to work out if it will fit but im 90% sure they are going to stick out. On top of that chances of running a 9" rear without coilovers is pretty much 0. In saying that im only experienced with 2 seaters so maybe the 2+2 will - maybe it's time to research it a bit yourself...

Stiva's 260 coupe is running 15x9's at -10 with stock struts I believe. But the 17" rim might fit a little different.

I had a little bit of a measure this weekend on my 2+2 that sounds to be lowered the same as the one described above.

Its worth noting that I'm looking at Rota Shakotan 15x9's in -10 offset (also available in 0 offset and 15x8 in 0 offset) and I measured (through the spokes in my existing rims), from the face of the rear brake drum, out 124.3mm (as best I could with a steel rule) which from my limited understanding should be how far out the wheel will sit.

I.E. 9" rim = 228.6mm.

the centre of that rim will be 114.3mm (+0 offset, right?) therefore -10 offset would have the rim 10mm further away from the car, meaning:

114.3mm + 10mm = 124.3mm from the hub.

Am I right? or have I got it all arse-backwards? I am a drummer after all, I usually only count to 4  :-[

Anyway, by my - probably shoddy - mathematics this wheel will just fit in the rear guards of a 2+2. The fronts might be a little tight.

As for backspace, I'm yet to measure that. That may be another story  :-\

It's a shame the Shakotan doesn't come in any higher offsets than -10 (or do they?) a -20 or so would do the trick and fill out flares properly, -10's look like they wont.

I did get some pics with post up later. I am waiting to here back from the NZ agent if a number of us here in NZ can get (might have to be special order) 15x8 +10 RKR currently the only have 15x8 ET0 (0 offset) now these ET0 work with non coilovers 240z or 260z but due require rolled lip/guard work. Rota have a listing of 15x8 ET5 (+5 offset) but only in 4x100 PCD so for our 4x114.3 again a special order of ten sets (40 rims). The guys I talked to here in NZ are either 240z with non coilovers or running coilovers on 240z or 260z suspension so a ET10 will work - an ET10 will hit the lower front spring perch on 260z struts (this is true with 15 and that is all I am concerned with as that is all that we can prove was used in period on race cars)

FYI these new RKR have a lot of brake clearances and a very flat in side shape so the 12.19" wilwood setup I have clears fine which is not the case with some 15" rims.

Pic will follow tomorrow I will edit/update this post.

post-104-144023663665_thumb.jpg

post-104-14402366367_thumb.jpg

post-104-144023663676_thumb.jpg

Ah ok, was a guessing either bridgey or dunlop. Wheels look very good, whats your opinion on the finish quality?

very impressed rating is much higher than the older RB-R 690kg vs 390kg if I recall. If we can get in ET10 then running the 235/50/15 toyo's and all should fit in the body work :)

I dont get why you are so set on +10s?

16x8 +4 have plenty of space in the front and yes you have to spend $100 rolling the rear guards but its not that bigger deal.

The extra 4mm you get with a 0 offset isnt going to ruin anything and will give people with stock suspension a touch more clearance which would come in handy on a 260Z with the high purches on the rear.

I dont get why you are so set on +10s?

16x8 +4 have plenty of space in the front and yes you have to spend $100 rolling the rear guards but its not that bigger deal.

The extra 4mm you get with a 0 offset isnt going to ruin anything and will give people with stock suspension a touch more clearance which would come in handy on a 260Z with the high purches on the rear.

Race cars - we want to run the larger 235/50/15 toyo which has a 245 foot print so almost 10" of rubber so having the rim a little more in board is required without flares...so that is why. If we are talking a road car that will not see the same suspension loads setup like we want to run sure the 0 is fine with a rolled lip on the rear - fronts are not a issue it is the rears at 0 offset that are too close with the camber we want to run. You can get the 0 to fit by running more neg camber on the rear but having too much on race car = less rubber on the track, we need rubber on the track for max grip levels. So that is why :)

I reckon with +4s i could fit a 235 under there it's only 5mm more to the outside. I can measure tonight if you want?

My car definitely sees high suspension loading the tyre has been touching the inside of the fender at the top!

Couldnt you just get a bit machined off the hub face of the wheel? and then you could make a 0 offset a +10 or whatever you wanted? I bet that's all they do for the "custom" wheels.

I'm just running low king springs at the moment but will be going to 400# HKS coilovers shortly.

My point is you can probably fit the ET 0 so no custom ordering or machining :)

yes but not the point...the car has 15x8 ET0 already geninue minilites and the rear is running too much negative camber to keep the setup way from the rolled lip already. You can't machine 10mm off the back or the wheel nuts will pass right through the rim.

So yes ET0 do work but not the ideal for the 235/50/15 will be too tight and that is the point. Well we run higher spring rates than that ;)

Mike, With 235's hows the clearances on the front valance below the guard and to the chassis rail when steering is on full lock? Is that why you use a 50 profile...

Can't say car only has 225/50/15 on at the moment and if a race car is at full lock - things have gone sooooo wrong who cares if the tyres is rubbing the chassis rail. Front valance = cut, you might have already done that if you want to get a good amount of caster anyway. Again not a road car so not concerned about.

I guess the other option is run 15x8 ET0 and pull the wheels in a bit - ie negative camber on the rear by moving strut tops inwards then make sure the rose joints on the lower rear control arms can adjusts out most of the camber induced via the top movement = shorter Rear LCA. Then to keep the tracks close run some custom hubs up front that move the mounting face inwards by 5-10mm to match the back - will be running wider rubber so that puts things back in place where the 225/50/15 sit. The 235/50/15 are a total of 15mm wider than the R888 225/50/15

15" 225/50ZR15 91W 603 230 6.0 - 8.0

15" 235/50ZR15 94W 614 245 6.5 - 8.5