Sign in to follow this  
benny

Bennys 72' 240Z

Benny what HD Exedy clutch did you end up using for your L28, the 240z model or the 280zx model as I'm looking at buying the same clutch, thanks.

Unlike Mark, Ben likes his gearbox "Man style"  :P

And yet none of these people who Diss the Auto in my car have Ever actually been in it to see what it's like.

And yet none of these people who Diss the Auto in my car have Ever actually been in it to see what it's like.

If your gear shifting is as quick as your retort, I'll need a paper bag for my head  ::)

If your gear shifting is as quick as your retort, I'll need a paper bag for my head  ::)

Simon i really think this is for another thread all together, could you imagine the shame in getting your ass kicked by an Auto Zed? Those who have been in my car know the difference my friend, anyways, back to the Benny Show Fet his 240Z  :-*

Simon i really think this is for another thread all together, could you imagine the shame in getting your ass kicked by an Auto Zed?

Whooaa there buddy, with the speed of that reply you've convinced me........

Change that paper bag to a neck brace, I'm sensing some whiplash coming  ;D Saturday?

Sorry Benny, couldn't resist slinging some crap  ;)

Hijack over

hey guys.... yep its great to hear it run!!! exhaust is going on this weekend, which means i can get it running a little better!! pretty much just the body left.

alrighty so a bit of an update!!

Last weekend i managed to clean up the exhaust and got some reducers made up... only to find that the exhaust was a tad short so ill need to get some more pipe up to get it to fit...

DSC03625.JPG

I also had the idea of making up a rear diffuser for the back end... more for looks than function as the research i've done suggests for a diffuser to really work the car needs to be extremely low!!

I was trying to work out the best way to get a straight cut on the rear valance panel, i tried measuring from the ground but that didn't work to well, so I got a length of steel tube and drilled some mounting holes in it and fixed it to the rear bumper holes.

DSC03626.JPG

DSC03627.JPG

DSC03628.JPG

will get some better pics later!!

Today I finally managed to get down to Lgees and pick up some semis they came up a treat on the rims i purchased from otomoto, they sit very nicely.... may have to run a tad of camber to tuck them in but overall very happy. Once the car is in its final colour ill decide what colour to paint the rims. Will probably drop it another 1/2" at the front once rwc is done. ittl be right on 100mm

DSC03646.JPG

DSC03647.JPG

DSC03655.JPG

DSC03654.JPG

Ill be selling the jellybeans shortly with good tyres... PM me if interested!!

Quick Update, Got some wheelnuts to suit the rims from Ben @ Otomoto, Very happy with his service... a credit to the zed community.

They are extremely light, They're forged 6160 aluminium and weigh under 21gm.

DSC03667.JPG

DSC03669.JPG

DSC03670.JPG

DSC03671.JPG

hi benny.

car looks great!

just wondering what you used to convert the rust before you slapped the por15 on.

looking to do the same to my z.

i just used a wire brush then  3m rust convertor from supercheap!! I think por has a product they recommend but i just did my own thing!!

Thought i'd post up something new i got today... its a valve cover that ive never seen before, anyone have any info on it??

DSC03887.JPG

DSC03888.JPG

DSC03889.JPG

DSC03890.JPG

Very cool cover. Back in the day a number of places were making there own covers, BRE, Sharp in the US. I have seen 3100 OHC version from Japan. But never one like that. A true rare piece of kit right there. Very very 8)

Nice piece of kit there Benny !

Any chance its off the U.S. short lived spec 260Z ?

Cheers

John