Hiroshima Screama

Stivva

• Moderators

You're making great progress there.... Hope the roadworthy guy doesn't give you trouble about the gauges on the console. Might be an issue with the legs of a passenger in an accident.

Yeah, it's a perfect rise in the middle. Thanks for the comments guys. Yeah, I wanted to do something that's different to other sees I have seen. And if I get any troubles with the gauges, they come straight out. I made up a nice removable loom. :)

Drove the old girl down to the exhaust shop yesterday. Got the permit and stopped at the servo on the way to fill her up. I am sure there is a manifold leak as it is struggling under load. So the shop is going to do my exhaust and try and sort out anything else. Once I got the old girl up to speed on the hwy she ran ok. But it felt so good to be behind the wheel. There were a few looks on the way there, but the best bit was at the Servo. I parked behind an elderly gentleman who was filling up his MG. He had a good look, we gave each other a smile and a nod and were on our separate ways. I love the appreciation.

36023_406430270877_2726860_n.jpg

You're making great progress there.... Hope the roadworthy guy doesn't give you trouble about the gauges on the console. Might be an issue with the legs of a passenger in an accident.

Looks Great mate...

As for the roadworthy I just put my 240 over at south Oakleigh (as per my mechanics recommendation)

and i popped the hood he checked the numbers and all good..

Didn't even look inside or check anything else just admired the car and said trumpets sound great on these..

Good luck with it all.

John

Got the call from the Exhaust shop. He through a new muffler in the middle to shut it up, a new pipe from there back to my rear muffler which he lowered a little to stop rattling on the body.

The car was struggling under load on the way down there (like it wanted to conk out) was fine when I got up to speed. I was hoping the new exhaust would fix it (back pressure issues) but apparently not, can anyone suggest what might be the cause?

Running so much Better now, but could still use a few degrees advance. Too dark for road testing. Tomorrow is the big wheel alignment, which it so desperately needs. It was all over the road.

• 2 weeks later...

Got lots of new photos guys. The car is going into the roadworthy inspection shop on thursday for a check over. Not for a roady. But we will see what the guy says. I got her all done and driving with two weeks spare to before I move up north and she is ready for the big haul! I will put up a few photos for you all.

post-1675-144023577562_thumb.jpg

post-1675-144023577573_thumb.jpg

So, I failed my roady today! But it was expected so its all good. What was not expected is the very short list of repairs to undertake. I should/WILL have it with a roadworthy certificate on monday.

Windsor in nsw. Looking forward to the 1000km drive in the zed. Half my roadylist is already crossed off.'i I'll pass Monday with flying colours. Booking in for reg on Thursday. So I may just make it to the rust repair day before I move.