Scoota's Boxing Day Drive

Scoota G

Funny how i always mention myself as in the third person and also assume that people read my posts  :P .

Anyways i went for a drive today and ended up in Swan Hill, going through Kerang and then back down via the Calder. A 800 Kilometer round trip and with the New 45MM Dellortos i did it in less than two tanks :) I can't tell you how sweet they are running but you probably get the idea. The ecomomy is better than the 40mm's.  :o

My final setup is:

45MM Dellortos 

34MM Chokes

140 Main Jets

7772.10 Emulsion Tubes

210 Air Correctors

46 Idle Jets

35 Pump Jets

I played around with different combinations but this one seems to work best overall. Not sure if sulio wants to add this to his Grail spread sheet.

And i took a picture of My Zed next to the Big Murray Cod too :)

2 questions.

1. Why do they need to sign post it right out side the actual statue-thing ? I mean here you are parked next to a steenking great cod... and the council says " hmm we better tell them it is a giant cod ! "

2. Nice specs and stuff on your dellortos. My main question is : daily driver ? What are the manners of your triples under daily driver needs ( stop start, queues, waiting 30 minutes to go 100 m ? I got triples but they have to be daily drivers and I have yet to meet someone who daily drives their triples. If you do can you tell me how she behaves? 

I might leave the first question as it does seem a bit obvious but i think the Big Banana has a similar "Over Advertised" Problem.

I suppose the best way to describe the Triples in my Zed is they drive just like a normal car. Idle is smooth with no hesitation off the line and i would know cause i run an Auto Transmission which requires these carbs to be spot on. But when she starts to cam on about 2500-3000 RPM its all go right up the rev range. The economy is around 325 - 350 Kays around town which is the same as i was getting with the 240 round tops i had on.

Being an auto you can't just bypass a rev range that has a flat spot and i really couldn't say how much time i have spent working with these Dellortos in the last 8 months but it's a lot. When you start to understand these carbs they will talk to you and tell you whats wrong with them but not in a creepy "Stephen King" way. Tuning these things now has seemed to become second nature for me and then when i look at the variances in Sulio's Spreadsheet i wonder how some of the guys Zeds can actually run with the combinations they have.

I'm certainly no expert but i managed to tune the 40's I had on previously and this has helped me to set these one's up almost perfect in one 10th the time.

The only problem i have encountered is that if i throw the car around too much they will stutter slightly but it's really down to the suspension setup on my car which is the next item on the list.

Good to hear yo got the 45's working well Scoota.

My final setup is:

45MM Dellortos 

34MM Chokes

140 Main Jets

7772.10 Emulsion Tubes

210 Air Correctors

46 Idle Jets

35 Pump Jets

I played around with different combinations but this one seems to work best overall. Not sure if sulio wants to add this to his Grail spread sheet.

I'll update the sheet. Should keep building on it as that was the plan.

Cheers,

Sulio

Hey modular9, I,ve been running triple 45 webers on a L24 for the past 10years as a daily

and haven,t had a problem with them, A tune up on them every 12 months and that it

Gotta love the sound of triples in the morning ;D

Pauly 8)

• 2 weeks later...
Funny how i always mention myself as in the third person and also assume that people read my posts  .

Anyways i went for a drive today and ended up in Swan Hill, going through Kerang and then back down via the Calder. A 800 Kilometer round trip and with the New 45MM Dellortos i did it in less than two tanks  I can't tell you how sweet they are running but you probably get the idea. The ecomomy is better than the 40mm's. 

As long as you do not have hair on ya palms Scoota or have conversations with your self, I am sure you are fine....

I do hate it when people interupt you when you are trying to have a private conversation with your self.

Sorry for the lateness of the reply... been busy getting the new L28 into the car!  :) it is in.  :-[ i am using the su's to run it in.

I too run an auto ( my reasons are that I am lazy ) however I am thinking of manualising it so i get that whole Ferrari-shiftpaddle-millisecond shift thing going  ;D

So after the exhaust and extractor upgrade i am going to run them again using a mixture of sulios triple carb sheet. ( STCS )

One thing I think could be amended to STCS ( nice work mate got it as an A3 poster sitting over my computer <-- i need to get a life ) is the exhaust system used. I would think it might have a bearing ? I know what sulio has in his from another thread.

Glad some people are using their dellortos as a daily driver. I was getting worried it was a weekend warrior only type of carb setup.