Vic Photo shoot / BBQ / Drive 6/12/08

620Z

• Administrators

gav, is there a way in the gallery we can make it so everyone can upload their pics to a certain section? i dont know if this is how the events are currently setup, although there is no 2008 folder lol

here's a couple of automatically merged pics i took of the line up when we pulled over - thanks to those who let me ride along :D dam i miss driving my zed :(

Sorry mate, the gallery is a little limited in terms of functionality. I plan to migrate the entire site to another system in the not too distant future. Although at this stage my MySQL skills are probably not quite up to the task, so may require some outside help with that.

I plan to use the same software as www.vintagejdm.com but yeah for the moment the gallery is a little limited sorry.

I do have to create some event folders for NSW / ACT and QLD as they have had events, but don't have galleries for them (my fault really sorry).

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrators

I can only repeat what everyone else has said, great day and thanks to Craig, Sulio and Gordon for the organisation.

I was wondering if anyone would object to a little publicity. I wrote a short story of the day and the club and attached some photos with a view to sending it to Australian Classic Car Magazine to  see if they would include it their News and Events section in an upcoming edition.

It's ready to hit the send button but just wanted to check I was not going to step on anyone's toes or offend anyone if it happened to get published and their car appeared in the magazine.

Any quick comments?

Warren

Sounds good mate, I don't have any problems with that. Hopefully nobody else does either :).

Make sure you mention the website address in the article.

Great idea Warren. Send it in. You might also want to forward the write up to Sulio & Gav so they can use it with the pictures as a feature article. Save one of us writing it.

Gav & Sulio it would be great if we can strike while the iron is hot on this and get a feature up by the end of the week. In a month's time sort of miss's the big impact. Sulio I can come over and give you a hand if you like.  ;)

Yer we can sort out the pics vid etc.

I'm in Syd for a couple of days but we can get together at the end of the week or early next. I'm planning to catch up with Matt Drago. In the mean time, Craig can you ge the video footage from Gordo, get it on an DVD in AVI format if possible. And I'll talk to Ash about his vid footage. We can use Warrens artical for the front page with pics and video!?

Sulio

Sounds good Sulio. Even if we get Warren's write up on the board first and add the pictures and movies later. Warren might want to put a bit more detail in for our internal use? Not sure as I haven't seen his originial. I was going to write something but no use doubling up. Warren are you able to send Sulio and or I a copy so we can put it up on the site? Cheers. PS that would be awesome to get the event in a mag.

This is what I sent off to Australian Classic Car and I attached some pictures I took plus Matt's panorama shot he posted earlier. Let's see what happens.

Datsun Z Cars come out for Christmas

Since Nissan relaunched the Z car in 2003 with the 350Z the interest and activity surrounding the original models from the 1970’s seems to have increased, including among those born after the original models were on sale in the Datsun Dealer showrooms. This was very evident on Saturday 6th of December when AUSZCAR held their inaugural Victorian Christmas picnic which saw an outstanding response from members with an amazing 30 Datsun/Nissan Z cars assembled in one place. Quite possibly the most Z cars seen in one place for a car club event in Victoria.

The weather was great for most of the day and the venue at club member Gordon’s property on the outskirts of Melbourne was the perfect setting to allow members and families to meet and talk Z cars all day. Many of the cars and their owners coming together at a club event for the very first time. Members compared notes over the BBQ lunch and snapped megabytes of photographs and came away with renewed inspiration to complete or enhance the restoration.

The day saw 26 240/260 models, a rare Australian registered Fairlady 280Z, a single 300Zx and 3 current generation 350Z’s, with examples ranging from Ashley’s wild 240Z sports racing car to a 500hp V8 powered 260 2+2 through to the stock 350Z Touring and Track models. A popular addition to the engine bay was a set of triple Weber of Dell’Orto side draught carburettors.

An impromptu drive was organised late in the day which saw an incredible18 Z’s cruising the rolling hills on the outskirts of Melbourne. This was an impressive line of cars but with rain approaching over the nearby mountains it was decided to head for home.

A very enjoyable day was had by all with calls for the event to become an annual Christmas get together, and I am sure we will see more Z’s next time if the disappointment expressed by those that did not make it is any thing to go by.

AUSZCAR is based around the internet forum site www.auszcar.com and has grown into a 1000+ strong community of passionate Datsun Z car owners Australia wide. Many members are involved in other multi model or brand car clubs but this site brings a wealth of knowledge on the S30/130 models together in one place that is sometimes lost in other clubs.