Race seats...whats everyone using...that fits properly

KatoKid

As much as I love the look of my reconditioned 240 factory seats I've come to realize they are garbage for spirited driving so I'm looking at race style seats. Not full on race seats but seats that will provide good support without being impractical for my sunny Sunday drives!

The only ones that I have seen that fit well are Velo Milano but they don't make them anymore so interested to hear what people are using and that fit well.

Thanks.

Dave have you looked at the other Velo offerings? The Milano was the perfect seat. I have been thiking about the GP90 seats but have not done the maths to see how well they will fit with the larger dimensions. Being ADR compliant is a big selling point for the Velo seats from my point of view.

Jeff. 

7 hours ago, JDM-TOY said:

@KatoKid these bride Historix are nice. Im thinking of getting these. They look similar to the Nissan dealer performance upgrades 

images (2).jpeg

They look good but just like the Kameari seats my bumb is too big ::). And they are  not ADR approved.

Jeff

Happy to be corrected but I don’t think any of the Bride seats are ADR approved. Don’t think many aftermarket seats are. A good mate had all sorts of problems last year with Sparco seats in his car (1600). They were not ADR approved. The officer who stopped him was so excited he was vibrating when he looked at the seats knowing they were not ADR approved defected the car. Then he went all over the car as in his words “what else have you changed?”. Was a complete pain, and cost him a fortune.

I haven’t gone into it fully but I would assume thet to ADR compliant you would need to submit paperwork to Infrastructure Australia for approval. Then you can display the sticker, much like Australain Standards approvals.

Jeff