aj_ Posted December 22, 2016 Posted December 22, 2016 Anyone got a spare plastic thing that can fill this void?? Quote
d3c0y Posted December 22, 2016 Posted December 22, 2016 These are a real bitch to get, took my mate ages to find one. Quote
aj_ Posted December 22, 2016 Author Posted December 22, 2016 These are a real bitch to get, took my mate ages to find one. This is not good news! Quote
Administrators gav240z Posted December 22, 2016 Administrators Posted December 22, 2016 Maybe find 1 and send it to 240zrubberparts.com for replication? Sell them by the bucket load, make a mint Quote
zeds4ever Posted December 22, 2016 Posted December 22, 2016 It is used for the low fuel light unit , not exactly sure but think you will find them in late model 260Z & also 280ZX cars . Have one in mine with the "Spiyda" operating unit for the light signal. Regards : Alan . PS: Merry Xmas to all & sundry. Quote
Brabham Posted December 22, 2016 Posted December 22, 2016 Might have one but it would have a hole drilled in it for a switch or something. Quote
garvice Posted December 22, 2016 Posted December 22, 2016 Just get someone to 3d print one. aj_ and garvice 2 Quote
garvice Posted December 22, 2016 Posted December 22, 2016 Guys in this thread will do it for you. http://www.performanceforums.com/forums/showthread.php?67274876-Got-a-3D-printer-now-it-s-fun!/page48 aj_ 1 Quote
Shaun05 Posted December 23, 2016 Posted December 23, 2016 I looked around for months trying to find mine. How much do you want one? http://www.ebay.com/itm/74-78-DATSUN-260Z-280Z-FASTEN-SEAT-BELT-RER-DEFOGGER-CONSOLE-LIGHT-NICE-OEM-PART-/222256348127?hash=item33bf82bbdf:g:5NkAAOSwmfhX4X8p&vxp=mtr Quote
aj_ Posted December 23, 2016 Author Posted December 23, 2016 I looked around for months trying to find mine. How much do you want one? http://www.ebay.com/itm/74-78-DATSUN-260Z-280Z-FASTEN-SEAT-BELT-RER-DEFOGGER-CONSOLE-LIGHT-NICE-OEM-PART-/222256348127?hash=item33bf82bbdf:g:5NkAAOSwmfhX4X8p&vxp=mtr Nicely spotted. And sorted (yeah, that much). Quote
44014 Posted January 2, 2017 Posted January 2, 2017 I just posted on Zcarbro and some other American based Datsun/Zed page on Facebook and said who wants $30! Get me this piece.with a picture like yours. This kid went to the wreckers for me and posted it to me. Cost nearly $50 by the time it got to me but I couldn't get one any other way as all the 260's I have seen in Australia don't have the hole in the center console and I bought a 280Z nos center console. aj_ 1 Quote
Administrators gav240z Posted January 2, 2017 Administrators Posted January 2, 2017 And you blokes make fun of me for how much I spend on Zcar clocks. . For $50 I'd almost live with the hole in the console. aj_ 1 Quote
74zzz Posted January 2, 2017 Posted January 2, 2017 yep took me about 6 mths to find mine I'll have a look as I think a bought a few because they were so hard to get and bought whatever i could find. Quote
74zzz Posted January 2, 2017 Posted January 2, 2017 i contemplated cutting a plastic ringbinder folder cover to fit and superglue in aj_ 1 Quote
aj_ Posted January 3, 2017 Author Posted January 3, 2017 And you blokes make fun of me for how much I spend on Zcar clocks. . For $50 I'd almost live with the hole in the console. Don't forget the 30 bucks for post. Like you say ... 'almost' ... ! gav240z 1 Quote
Administrators gav240z Posted January 3, 2017 Administrators Posted January 3, 2017 Don't get me wrong a hole in the console would send me nuts after a while. I'd probably pay the piper also, but I just like to throw a bit of dirt over the fence from time to time. I get plenty my way at times. aj_ 1 Quote
peter t Posted January 3, 2017 Posted January 3, 2017 i contemplated cutting a plastic ringbinder folder cover to fit and superglue in Black Penzoil container did the trick for me although you have to get some good glue to make it stick. Quote
zeds4ever Posted January 18, 2017 Posted January 18, 2017 G'day mate , don't know if you if you have the part your seeking yet ,I found one in good cndtn amongst my stuff today . You can have it for a donation to the site . Regards : Alan . Quote
aj_ Posted January 18, 2017 Author Posted January 18, 2017 G'day mate , don't know if you if you have the part your seeking yet ,I found one in good cndtn amongst my stuff today . You can have it for a donation to the site . Regards : Alan . Too good, thanks Alan. However, I've already spent my far-too-many Australian dollars to import one from the states. Hope you can help the next person though! Quote
zeds4ever Posted January 18, 2017 Posted January 18, 2017 Sorry I didn't find it earlier for you mate , just happened to stumble on it today . Regards : Alan . Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.