Marysville Drive (VIC) - 5TH SEPT 10AM

stewk240

Been through that area recently - lots still burnt out, but the regrowth is AMAZING!

Only problem is there is a lot of roadworks on the Melba HWY & apparently the local law enforcement isn't very tolerable of 'sightseers' ATM..

However, if we plot a suitable route we shouldn't have a problem ;)

I was thinking Saturday the 5th of September which would be the first weekend out of Winter Yeah!!!! ;D

I would think the area would be fixed up a bit more by then so that the town will be ready for visitors when the warmer weather starts.

There is also a big bike ride event which I might go into if I get fit enough on the following weekend.

Lurch, you will probably know, but a few mates were saying that with the burnt trees, there is a fantastic view back towards the city.

• Administrators

Guys can you take some photos of kinglake for me? Having been away overseas and hearing about the fire has made it hard to imagine the damage. As some of you may know our family had a house up there that unfortunately no longer exists. It would be great to see the regrowth.

Thanks Lurch...If you could post a Calander note for the 5th of September under Victoria, that would be great. I have never been up to that area, but was thinking of meeting at 10am on Sat 5th of September at the Darling Gardens near the Eastern Fwy.

We could drive to Kinglake and be there in about an hour and a half. Have a look around and have a lunch at about 12-1pm. We could then drive on to Healsville and take the glorious BLACK SPUR up to Marysville...then back home.

See below for some rough pics on where-is...hope they come out alright.

post-917-144023531027_thumb.jpg

post-917-144023531035_thumb.jpg

post-917-144023531043_thumb.jpg

Hmmm Kinglake and Marysville in the one day might be pushing it. May I suggest one or the other with Marysville probably being the better option. 2 hours up and 2 hours return in cruise mode. Don't forget you need to allow time for meeting up, lunch and the usual stuffing around in a group. Just a suggestion since it sounds like you may not have done this trip before. But I will leave it up to you. Regards

Thats sounds like a better idea Craig...Go straight to Marysville...i hate rushing. I am am sure there is some great roads around Marysville to take up the time.  ;) If others feel like Kinglake is a must, as I know there is a good view back to the city through the trees, let us know.

• 5 weeks later...

REMINDER!!!! The Marysville drive is this weekend. Meeting spot below at 10am and then we will discuss the best direction to get there. We are NOT going to Kinglake at this stage as the trip will be too long.

If one of the experienced guys (Craig/Lurch) has any ideas on how to best to direct the trip, please assist. Should we post a phone number for those that can't meet at the meeting spot as it is out of the way? Maybe some can meet halfway etc?

Stew.

post-917-144023534226_thumb.jpg