FLEXZED early 260z RS30 0001009 RB34 BUILT BY PMC ENGINES

FLEXZED

john

issues mate its cool i am always happy to hear peoples opinions

the blaster came to my place and rekcons i need to remove it for a better job so i will be  haveing my 1st yr apprentice sitting there with a heat gun and scrapper tomorrow srtripping it while i go and visit cleint, should get a discount on the blasting this way

Loui

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No problems,

Thought Id just mention it as it wasnt a problem this end when he hit it and might have saved you some work, but then you aint doing it, so no matter, good that the lacky apprentice gets his hands dirty........LOL

John - divert your eyes.

I am of the opinion that there is very little, if any, structural integrity in the floor pans and roof skin. I spent a few years crash barrier testing vehicles and unibody shells contain an underlying main structure. Basically flat sheet panels are not stress bearing.

The danger lies in either rust or crash damage having weakened the load bearing components and you are correct to advise on extra bracing as a precaution. I was only prepared to do this to mine once it had been seam welded.

Loui - Just check that your seat front mount will match the centre rib that runs the length of the new floor pan. For some reason on my passenger side OEM the rib stopped short of the mount and I had to modify the mount for the new floor.

Also... damn you... you have done more in four months than I've done in four years! Great work.

post-684-144023551726_thumb.jpg

post-684-144023551731_thumb.jpg

post-684-144023551736_thumb.jpg

Hey Loui. Looking like you're really getting somewhere. I'm still chasing parts to build it before I get started. Looks like you're in a race with the rev. haha

nah mate  rev will leave me at the start line he has done a few more zed then me

Loui

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE

The chicken has now been passed over and into the hands of the blaster  ;D

Quik Strip are the guys doing it, for the zed in the current condition on the rotissarie it was only $1000. Not bad concidering i was being quoted for more than double that.

pc090115.jpg

Last night finished most of the removal of the underbody deadener and welded up some holes in the firewall (heater lines ect.) with the help of my cousin who is a beater.

pc080112.jpg

On it goes

pc090114.jpg

Off it goes

pc090116.jpg

And finally my sons new toy. No its not a zed but its another very very clean Celica. One owner car, has been kept in immac condition. Theres a few dents and what not but you wouldnt expect anything less from an 87 year old driver  ;)

pc030109.jpg

pc040123.jpg

pc040124.jpg

Please i tried talking him into a zed but he said if he was to ever buy a datto it would only be a 2 door 240K  ::)

1k?! :o ???

What are they blasting it with? Gold dust!?

you are not wrong lurch that what i thought, had a few blasters come over and they all wanted over 1500 for garnet, one imbecile wanted over 2.5 k to do media blasting

this bloke is charging me 1k with pick up blast clear etch primer and drop back off to my place so i think thats reasonable

should have it back after new year

Loui 

Please i tried talking him into a zed but he said if he was to ever buy a datto it would only be a 2 door 240K  ::)

As Orrrrrrrrrstin Pow-wers would say, very Shaaaaaaaag-adelic Bay-Bi..........

I saw the first one of these on a cold spring Saturday morning back in 73 and though wow what a hot car, still think they were and are a well constructed unit.

Good luck to the boy, but dont worry Loui...........

"He will eventually come over to the dark side"

I got quoted $1800 for my 280zx. But he actually cuts the sills off the car and blasts and epoxies the inside of them and then welds them back on. He said that it would cost me about 15k to restore and get it back to me as a painted bare shell. Looks like I'll be doing most of it myself.  ::)

• 4 weeks later...

she  is back in my hands and its now time to get seriousand get stuck into her  ;D

Just got back today and its in pretty good shape; well no rust i didnt already know about  :).been i a rear bing but only minor

Loui

p1090110.jpg

p1090113t.jpg

p1090106.jpg

p1090107.jpg

p1090108.jpg

p1090112.jpg

p1090111f.jpg

p1090117m.jpg

Bro,

Now our cars look the same too........LMAO ;D

Looks great apart from that tail lamp upper section.

Your floor looks great now also.

Cheers

Your evil twin.

thanks bro

yeah i am quite happy with the outcome , i was a bit concerned the upper lamp panel but my beater said he will sort it out

the biggest problem i have is the radiator support that is pretty shitty

i thinking of cutting it out and making a chrome moly "support ring " to stop the front of the car from twisting with the the power i am going to TRYING to get out of the rb

Loui