Jump to content

Bigfella

Members
  • Posts

    390
  • Joined

  • Last visited

    Never

Everything posted by Bigfella

  1. Hey Guys. I am trying to help out a fellow Z-der. Alan (zeds4ever) Is after this clip for his armrest pictured below. I have looked through all my bits but no luck. If anyone can help him can you contact me or Alan Thanks Matt
  2. I got My sill today. I ended up ordering it from netwarehouse AKA Restores hot Line AKA Rare Spares Adelaide. They were great to deal with, very helpful. I went to a sheet metal place the other day, but was told he couldn't get the radius on his bend to mach the ones on the sill. So I opted for ordering one already made. I have to say it looks like it matches very well.
  3. Thats a lot of left hand drive shells...
  4. Thats what I love about this club. It all seems to come around.. Will talk soon Cheers Matt
  5. I would be very interested Alan!
  6. Yeah but that would be money I could spend on my car.
  7. Bigfella Well it's not because of my weight . Actually it is. My old boss called me that 15 years ago and it just stuck I even have a registered business name Bigfellas.
  8. Bigfella

    My first Z

    Sound just like when mine was delivered. I wasn't there but my wife told me the towie thought I was an idiot. He couldn't believe anyone would pay money for it. I had the same feeling whenI got home. I alway had in mind that I was going to do a full bare metal restore. So I just pulled it into the garage and started stripping. I have a couple of years to go. But man I'm having fun. Everyone here is very supportive and a great wealth of knowledge. Just work out what you want to end up with and start chipping away. Have a look at my build journal and you will see what I mean, Mine is a mess.. Good Luck Matt
  9. That is interesting. That is what I find. I think it is defiantly a limitation of the little blasters. It is good to hear others feedback. I am probably expecting to much from the unit. I would like to give Garnet a go
  10. I really only what to use it on small body parts like hinges and a like. The stuff I have from super cheap has a real hard time stripping the paint. Does any one know of some where a bit closer to box hill. I can get some media. I have done the usual search of the web. But it looks like maybe Dandenong or Tulla maybe it.
  11. Thanks Mossy What do you use?
  12. I was looking at getting some Media for my blasting cabinet. I was wondering if people a preference. There is talk on here about the use of Fine Garnet. I was wondering about Glass beads. I am using some rubbish I got from super cheap but doesn't seem to be much chop. http://www.radum.com.au/catalog/index.php?cPath=17_194 Thank Matt
  13. Hey Guys just checking that this day is still going ahead on the 22 Jan. As I may have to pull out. My wife is having an operation the day before. It could make me the most un popular husband of the year "Again" So if it is still going ahead on this day, with apologies I withdraw. Thanks Matt P.S you could always move it for me
  14. Keep it nice or the Mods will lock this topic.
  15. Thanks Guys. The old rust proofing adds up. $28 for the Weld Thru Primer and $80 odd for the POR 15. But I only want to do it once.
  16. Thanks Lurch Turning the amps up worked a treat. Still splatters but getting good penetration !
  17. Today I have started to weld back on some panels. I am having a lot of trouble with the weld thru primer. The mig is Spitting and splattering like trying to weld a dirty panel. I thought the idea of weld thru primer was you could weld thru it. Does any one have some tips for me to get a better weld. It looks like a chicken has S$%t on my weld at the moment. Thanks Matt
  18. Thanks Mick and Benny. I finally tracked down some WURTH brand stuff today. Onward I go. Once the temp drops.
  19. Ahhh Making sense now. Will have to look into this. Question is can you get it here. What have others done in the past?
  20. I not sure I would get a good weld if the back has primer on it. I know how much the mig hates paint.
  21. I was finally aloud away from the family today, I got to go and do some work on the bus today. I pulled the rest of the inner sill of and started to clean it up. Not looking to bad. I was wondering if anyone can give me some advice. I am going to POR 15 all the innards, but I was wondering what I should do on the seams. I'm guessing I cant put POR 15 on there as they have to be spot welded. Any help would be appreciated . Thanks Matt
  22. I weep for you James :'( Good luck with the search Cheers Matt
×
×
  • Create New...