Jump to content

tbscobraZ

Members
  • Posts

    307
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by tbscobraZ

  1. As mentioned earlier in the thread there is nothing wrong with running ethanol but it's but harder to get and availability is why most don't run it also the fact that you need all supporting fuel system mods (eg any plastic or urathanes replaced with stainless steel) basically a treated metal. Aluminium is a no go because it will corrode. There's a wealth of info out there, just google e85. May even be worth talking to csr about their propuct as they are a supplier. "Soft metals such as zinc, brass or aluminum, which are commonly found in conventional fuel storage and dispensing systems are not compatible with E85."- http://www.in.gov/idem/catalog/guidance/la-072-gg.pdf/ "Corrosion: because the alcohol in ethanol corrodes aluminum, FFV components are made of stainless steel and E85 pumps must be modified or manufactured with stainless steel to prevent corrosion."- / "there are only four acceptable metals to use, namely silver, copper, treated brass, and stainless steel."-http://gillesenergies.webs.com/buildyourownstill.htm/ http://www.ethanolfacts.com.au/ http://running_on_alcohol.tripod.com/id26.html Good luck hope this helps.
  2. Looks awesome that engine will be tops hope everything else goes to plan.
  3. The north shore is where you wanna be. Beach and and easy train ride in depends on how close to the city you need to be.
  4. Awesome goodies, what sort of head gasket is that?
  5. Thanks for the kind offer Loui, just got your post and I'll have to take you up on that. Thanks mate you have PM.
  6. Hey I'm after a rotisserie preferably to borrow and i don't mind paying to borrow one but I won't use it after the cars finished. I'm not in a huge rush. Thanks Tom.
  7. Penrite was much better compared to the oil I'm using atm (cheap repco stuff) 20W-60 was what was in it.
  8. Welcome, I'm sure you'll find the forums useful and the CAD of the 240Z would be very useful and I look forward to seeing what you do with your zed.
  9. Is that the Nothalane kit I was looking at that for later down the track meant to be awesome let us know how the car feels after you have it in.
  10. Welcome, quick question where you the one that supplied the electric power steering from japan? Thanks
  11. Hey six shooter what sort of GM alternator do you have, do you know what part number it is? Thanks.
  12. For those you haven't seen these vids well worth a look especially the dyno videos. http://www.youtube.com/user/104zzz#p/u/1/3PNFloT0pMk This is the company's website. http://minkara.carview.co.jp/userid/303321/profile/ Also the as watanabe site check out the parts page and that exhaust. :] http://www.as-watanabe.com/
  13. Whereabouts in the Northern beaches are you, I'm interested in the harness. Thanks Tom.
  14. Any chance you could find out the part number and was it bolt in or did it need mods? Thanks Tom
  15. What sort of alternator was it, bosch? I'm after a replacement and I'll need the 85amps.
  16. What do they look like i think I have a set. If they look like this ive got a set don't really want to break up the set though. I live in Normanhurst about 100km away.
  17. PM me about how you want payment.
  18. I'll take the other set if Gareth hasn't taken both.
  19. Their looks like there is a set on ebay doubt they are genuine IMSA and i think they are just flares but they are cheap and im sure if seen a set somewhere else aswell. If i can jog my memory ill let you know. http://cgi.ebay.com.au/240Z-260Z-Datsun-Flares-Body-Kit-BRAND-NEW-SET-4-/280521597766?cmd=ViewItem&pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item415063e346
  20. Im no expert but it may of been better to try and run them over with the tractor? If your gonna flip out and assault some bikies do it properly.
  21. Dimitri is right its to do with exhaust pulses same theory behind a twin scroll turbo where they have a divider and hence why they perform better but there is no doubt the MSA ones are awesome and give great performance.
  22. tbscobraZ

    K&N Air filter

    I don't mean to burst ur buble but im pretty sure the oiled type foules the air flow meter. I read that the Z uses a vane type which can be damaged by oil getting into it and fouling the potentiometer. But i could be wrong. A solution thats often used is to box the filter in so it doesnt get wet.
  23. Hotness can't wait to see it in paint.
  24. Easy parking, it may be a daily driver ect... im looking into the electric one myself. It looks like it is made for US models with the steering colum on the left and would have to be reversed. http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=1&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fpage.auctions.yahoo.co.jp%2Fjp%2Fauction%2F130192634&sl=auto&tl=en
×
×
  • Create New...