Jump to content

sco_aus

Members
  • Posts

    2,483
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by sco_aus

  1. Awww man, times like these I wish I had money. Maybe 2011...
  2. Fair enough, I honestly don't know the first thing about the engine
  3. Sent it this morning.
  4. Might I suggest looking for some in USA and having them ship it here? The fact you can't find any in oz can only suggest that regardless where you go now, its gonna cost a fair bit more.
  5. Welcome. I'm sorry, but did you say $4400 for an RB25DET and gearbox? I paid less than that, 4 years ago and don't believe even a Neo motor and gearbox would sell for this much nowadays.. I would find somewhere else unless that's a half cut (which you really don't need). RBZ 260 is a good person to ask on how to do such a conversion and I can offer plenty of advice on what not to do should you choose this option. Cheers Scott As for designs, I would suggest excentuating the current lines rather than changing them all together. Most of the people here have seen what can go wrong when people totally re do the shape and it so far has never worked that I have seen. There have been some fantastic "wide" bodies done before, maybe that would be a challenge for you?
  6. Around 8am start. I should be able to swap shifts to make it, so I reckon we should meet up before hand again. Anyone got any suggestions?
  7. A good friend works in a glass fitting workshop here in canberra and i help out there a lot. He actually does try and at least contain any rust in the sills. O'Briens... Well I had a bad experience there and now that I know more about it, they are a pack of lying pricks (in my own personal opinion). They go around telling people their staff are all highly trained and that they use the best products out, well they use the same stuff as anyone else because there is very limited choice in Australia and their staff are no more trained than you and me when they start. They then go and mark up their prices based on these lies and when you return to them with a problem, they make it out like it was your fault. I know one company that wont ever get my money again... (Disclaimer: The above is from my own personal experience and is my own personal opinion. It in no way reflects the opinions of auszcar ) End rant/ Guys in Canberra, seriously, if you need any glass go to Aussie windscreens in Phillip and see Chris, they always honour their work and its the same products as anyone else for a lot cheaper. Andie can also come to you in the van.
  8. You just started it.... In A.C.T sometimes it even depends on who is inspecting it whether it gets passed (in regards to dust seals), but with the engineers cert and everything done properly, it shouldn't matter.
  9. More like deliverance country, but with a reasonable car track.
  10. Yeah, so anyway, as Chris said, its only 1 hour away, so i should even have my car done by then too
  11. I have a boat... and its not that far to drive... AUSZCAR waterski weekend!! Woot!!
  12. Look forward to hearing your results from PI.
  13. Imagine if you had a car on the trailer? Food for thought?
  14. RB25 box Awesome times there mate. I did a 1.06 (I think) in a TT supra, so I can only imagine how much quicker it feels in yours.
  15. Might have to lower your price mate. Its worth what your asking, but atm, not many people want to spend that sort of money on an old car. If you give it away, I could offer it a nice home where it will be looked after
  16. That one's always a good laugh. I managed to reverse jack knife my Pajero with a small box trailer. The Paj mounted the A frame of the trailer and I had to get my high lift jack to take the weight off the trailer, then slide the trailer around with the wheels skidding along the ground making it bloody difficult. Put a small dent in the quater panel with some paint scratchings, but could have been worse.
  17. lol, nice. I'll be spending all my time at work this week trying to get someone to cover me so I can come, no promises though.
  18. Next month mate
  19. Well it is a Rottie... lol
  20. Sorry RB30, but even with that practice he had, I doubt you or I could still do it as well as he does... lol
  21. As bad luck would have it, I am rostered on for that day and won't be able to make it .
  22. Unfortunately I am 100% out for this. We are saving like mad for a house and for the wedding and shit, so cant afford it. But I reckon we will be in for the 'Halliday' to Thredbo the next year.
  23. I have sent money for this guys, so pending the transfer success...
  24. PM sent dude, ill take it.
  25. quite smooth and responsive too, nice one
×
×
  • Create New...