Jump to content

sco_aus

Members
  • Posts

    2,483
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by sco_aus

  1. Alright, so I have good news and bad news. The good news is, adjusting the rod has made them a lot firmer, the bad news is, my booster has an air leak, so i need a new one . For anyone reading this with the similar problems, just pump the brake and listen for leaking air from the booster. I actually discovered the leak when playing with the rod, i moved it sideways and heard air leak from it, so tried pumping the brake and heard air.
  2. I can do any in the ACT/NSW rural areas, always happy to go for a drive.
  3. cool cool
  4. Well, yeah. This is where it gets expensive. They got a machinist to make up tops to bolt it up. For the rears, I had custom Bilsteins made up, but that was due to a mismatch somewhere (probly my fault). If you are prepared to spend a bit of money and you want as much adjustment as you can, well its a good option, but I really dont think its worth otherwise for the cost. If you can do it yourself, it wont cost much at all really.
  5. I have the Techno Toy Tuning ones all round. They are really good, but whilst quite cheap to purchase, not cheap to have installed. Chris (and Adam Highams)at Inline steering did mine, so I know people with experience in installing them if you need.
  6. Nice rhymin yo!
  7. Congrats to you both. Look forward to seeing some photos.
  8. I'm happy to drive it down dude, i love a good adventure like that. I know the highway to Melbourne like the back of my hand (used to drive it every weekend for over a year) and I know people along the way, so its pretty safe. Gives me a good excuse to go to the BBQ too lol. So back to drinks, Saturday night. I presume you are PMing those behind the times without Facebook?
  9. Thanks for posting. Its kinda hard to explain, but unbolt the master from the spacer. The rod will be protruding, its rounded on the end (thats what she said ). There is a spined part that needs vice grips to stop the whole shaft from spinning, then there is the end part that has to be rotated on that also with a hex spanner part. Its a real pain in the arse and it small amounts of movement can make a big difference, so just play around with it.
  10. Yeah, I couldn't agree more. There is a reason I don't know much about brakes... I reckon it will be the rod length (he he), just gotta find time to fix.
  11. http://www.luxurycarhire.com.au/ http://www.sportscarrentals.com.au/ http://www.bcl.com.au/sydney/carhire.htm And a big list here too: http://www.anzwers.com.au/automotive/cars/classic_cars
  12. My thoughts too. If the reserve was $1k, id be tempted for a muck around car. The Windsor aint that bad an engine and who cares about looks when you are just throwing it around
  13. The standard ratio for the RB25DET was 4.11 and I liked it. I have a 3.7 atm and its not enough so i got a 3.9. Will have to see how that goes.
  14. oh right, that makes sense, i did adjust that a while back for another MC. Good call. Ill try that tomorrow. Any other ideas incase that doesn't work?
  15. Hey guys. So I thought with the addition of the 15/16 MC that this would go away, but to no prevail. So my brakes are Hilux 4 pot (solid rotor version) front, Single pot Maxima (basically S13, R31 etc) rear, braided lines all round and 15/16 MC. What happens is as I apply brake pressure it begins to brake, however it gets to a point and then goes to the floor and i only have about 15-20% braking capacity. The lines were very thoroughly bled and there appears to be no leaks. It did get a little better when I upgraded from the 7/8th, but it still has the same problem but with lsightly more braking capacity. So has this happened to anyone else? I don't know much about brakes and being one of the most important things on the car I want to get it right. Cheers in advance Scott
  16. http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120456297919&viewitem=&photodisplaytype=2&indexurl=0&salenotsupported Fark thats not bad at all
  17. lol, how far is Lakeside from there? Maybe re create the Townsville V8 race?
  18. Thats a lot cheaper than it used to be, pretty good really.
  19. Ill drive it down in December if I go to the BBQ? Car freight aint cheap. I am always up for it and since im currently unemployed, sooner rather than later is better since ill start another job soon..
  20. yeah i heard this and in all honesty, if it happens you can count me out for the fact that I don't want to be one of those "arrogant Zed drivers". We should start the Auszcar Datsun Nationals and see which one is bigger lol (Yes i'm aware that was an arrogant statement)
  21. oooh winton are doing track days on the fridays early december...
  22. Just had a look and there is heaps of accommodation in the area, so maybe some interstaters could make it a weekend away or something. My missus and I are considering it. But unless I can get long enough permits to drive down there through NSW and VIC, then I would have to trailer it and if im going to do that i may as well use it as an excuse to go to the track... Any ideas?
  23. Well done mate
×
×
  • Create New...