Jump to content

sco_aus

Members
  • Posts

    2,483
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by sco_aus

  1. Yeah, you should just be able to turn your moustache bar around and it will work, no need to buy another one.
  2. Thanks for posting, i might even be able to go and have a look for once.
  3. Thanks man, that puts it in perspective for me.
  4. Plenty of friends have them, none have corroded. I have had plenty of normal ones and they all have corroded. Remember I am in canberra, not a lot of salt around here, electrical currents are what usually ruins them. Just going off my experiences.
  5. yeh between 84 and 95 is where it should be (debatable). Alloy is an advantage also due to lack of corrosion, no one likes brown radiator water clogging up their system.
  6. Thats a big turbo for a sohc engine, but with technology nowadays, it will probably still work pretty well.
  7. lolacoaster?
  8. lol, i stand corrected. The wing would do a great job and I reckon maybe the head light covers could make up for some of the resistance from the rear wing judging by those results...? Plus I remember seeing a zed with a tall alloy shopping trolly one on the rear and it actually looked pretty good, im not a fan of whale tails tho..
  9. It actually worked? Kinda sounds like folding in your mirrors... No offense
  10. For the money, just do an RB25DET in my opinion. Sounds like it should be a nice car. *Throws 1" ring spanner as hard as possible*
  11. Welcome mate. S130s are sweet cruisers and if it weren't for them, people would be still kicking around using an L24/6, drum rears and a 7/8th brake MC. cheers Scott
  12. hehehe. Good work mate, looks great.
  13. Thats the one... Cage: No, not really. Since there hasn't been any money and its the most expensive part, ill wait till the time then chat to some local CAMS cage builders. Since the rules change every week, i'd rather wait till i have the funds.
  14. haha its funny you should say that, I was considering throwing one in my HJ75 Troopie cruiser. The 1UZs are a kick arse engine, but I think this V6 is better
  15. bbzzzzzzz, hook line and sinker. hehe I was joking mate, you need it more than I
  16. I got 2 through a mate, but stupidly helped 2 other people out thinking i could get another one and now cant get one, so im using the 15/16th atm. It will be fine for now.
  17. Better update this. Not much has been done really. I have mostly fixed my brakes, but in the process have got a leak in my brake booster, so a new/reco one will be next. I need money to get anything else done, I am hoping to get a fair amount of money some time in the next few months, so here is hoping. Unfortunately my tax return had to go to my landcruiser since its my "daily", but i get a lot out of it so its worth it. Whats left: The surge tank has a crack in it, so that needs replacing. The rear left side of the sway bar is not connected as the link seems to have gone missing.... So a custom will need making. It currently would be struggling to push 100rwkw on the road tune it has, so a full tune is definately in order. I am going to have a max tune of 260rwkw, i dont want to stress the motor, cos frankly, its more than enough power. Last thing will be a full roll cage, but that depends on how much money i get, so here is hoping: Rev can you say a prayer for me Cheers Scott
  18. lol, yeah i know, but the TRD ones (a mate has one) seem to put the power down impressively for a fwd. Hell even a mates turbo Pulsar SSS hauls arse with the loss of traction and axle tramp..lol
  19. Sorry to go off topic.
  20. See there is the thing. The 4AGZ/TE is a tough 4 cyl, but you will strugle to make more than 200rwkw after turbo. The Aurion V6 is restricted a lot more due to much higher emission laws since the 4AGs. People have already been pulling 400 fwkw out of the V6 without changing the internals, but here is the best bit, the engine ways about 20kgs more than a 4agze... So imagine this thing with the SC motor (only about 10kg more on top)... They rev and they a bucket load of torque. The other engine that should become more popular for conversions is the XR6 turbo motor.
  21. Good work mate. You seem to keep surprising yourself, so maybe this season is for you? lol The next engine to watch will be the TRD 3.5 V6. They are the next 2J, totally off tap. A friend is putting the non turbo 3.5 in his AE86, 200kw standard from the NA, so imagine the SC one with a little work...
  22. It was a hard decision to make to cut the guards. But when I saw the amount of rust and bog in mine, it became a very easy decision lol
  23. It is mostly a track car, but it is seriously firm atm (may have adjusted the rod too much). Either way, I just want it reliable and since i still have a few thou to spend on it before its track ready, ill just stick with it being a street car for now.
×
×
  • Create New...