Hello from Ireland

Hi all,

Bought a 260z 2+2 a year ago,  which came from austrailia the year before. was in mint condition with no rust at all.

Just finished doing alot of work on her including a full l28 engine build.

Anyway a couple of pics.  anyone know the car?

260zbefore.jpg

260zbefore1.jpg

alright datsun-jay!!!

the original you got from oz was good, but what youve done with it is amazing!!!

ive never even seen a datsun in ireland, so ive not seen yours.

we should set up a d.o.c.i. datsun owners club ireland!!!

youd count the members on 1 hand and wed have meets at the back of mcdonalds in the pissing rain.

itd be mad!

damn you, youve got the deep dish alloys

haha,  Yeah I had to get the alloys custom made in the UK as I couldn't find anything with a deep dish to fit properly, they were expensive but worth it.

There are a few 260'z floating around,  I know a fella from Gorey who has a mint one, blue which was brought in from California,

There is also a yellow one in Kildare.

We will definaltly have to get together and take pics!

Alot of people don't like the 2+2 model, but I just love the lines!! ;D

honestly, i wasnt mad on the 2+2 lines. most pics didnt help by having awful colours, but yours looks the part. would love to see it in the flesh and the other Z cars too. maybe some big vintage show when mine comes in!

oh yeah, go for a cruise

;D

Wow, that is an incredibly good looking 2+2. At one stage I was thinking of doing mine a similar colour, but have decided to go with red. However, if mine turns out half as good looking as yours, then I will be stoked!!  :)

What did you do in terms of an L28 build?

damn thats one sweet 2+2..... :o

im defiently going with the rear tail combo colour scheme on mine.

absolute mad car. love it.  ive added that to my collection of best zed pics. i got to get the finger out and finish my 2+2. thanks for the inspiration.

Thanks for the comments guys, yeah the shaved rear end turned out well, and the blacked out chrome works well with the colour.

the engine spec is

86.1mm flat top pistons

6-1 msa manifold (header)

all new bearings

p90a head shaved 2mm

.495  290  cam

triple dellortos

thats about it,  only have 400 miles on the engine, gonna get a few more on it then get it set up properly on a rolling road.

Thanks,

Jay

Wow Jay,

That looks fantastic. It's the wheels that top it off, amazing how good it makes it look when the flares are filled properly.

Good work.

Sulio

You should prepare an artical for your car that we can feature on the front page.

A bunch of people have said this is ONE OF the nicest 2+2's they've ever seen.  Well it is THE NICEST 2+2 I've ever seen.  Something about that colour hides the lines I don't normally like on the 2+2.  Nice work!

its old, dunno what month, but i saw the length of your number and was wondering if i could get a shorter one. was thinking of a 3 digit number. short and snappy!

do you just go to the license registration place and say "can i have an old plate?"

then can you pick your number?

cause vanity plates arent really legal in ireland, so im curious

only other thing you could try is domething like 78-d-260

feck that. maybe ill go for monaghan plates BI 240 but that makes me sound like im bi-sexual.

are custom plates possible, eg ZED 240