QLD Christmas Drinks

be-zed

It looks as if the Vic boys have there Christmas thing well under way . Do we in the Sunshine State want to do the same as last year . I remember Peter T putting his hand up again to host a BBQ this year and that was about a month ago.

So it is not to far away now and a day like last year requires a small amount of planning and a time frame to work to  for who ever does it.

So thoughts People? What are we doing.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm always up for a drink, you know me..

Peter's was good last year, I'd be happy for a similar or same deal.

I would have to talk about it with the Room mate but I might consider hosting down at Highland Park on the Gold Coast.

Pour out the idea's

James

Time is running out for me. Only 9 weeks to Christmas. The only weekend dates I have left are 3 and 4 Nov, 17 and 18 Nov, 1 and 2 Dec. Your are all quite welcome at my place again but can I suggest we have a run and picnic in a park or BBQ with Bangers, bread, onions and sauce. I can get good bangers. My BBQ will fit in the Z if we want to go for a drive and BBQ. There are some nice BBQ spots around the dams in the Boonah district and good roads for a pleasent drive. Lets not wait too long to decide what we are going to do. Please post your ideas up quickly and make a decision faster. 8)

I'm up for any idea, even if it is just a drive to beach on the coast. We could drive to Mudjimba beach and buy some cheap fish & chips just off the beach there. Means less hassle with organising food etc.

Depending on how keen people are, we could take some inland Sunny Coast roads to get there.

But yeah just as happy for a house BBQ if that's what people want to do :D

OK So lets LOCK in the 2nd December. Now where to go? Rather like Shaun's idea. There is a great cafe with fish and chips on Bribie Island which would be a good central place to meet for people from the GC and Nth Coast while enjoying the drive to get there. Good spot to wet a line also. Cruise around Bribie and check out the sites or go for a swim or fish or do all three. ;) 8) ???

It sounds as if Sunday 2 Dec will be the day and on the North side of Brissy. I can set out a run of about 1 and a half hours long same as I did last year.I would recommend finishing in a park or near a dam and not the beach .Although there is nothing wrong  with both Coast destinations (camped at both many a time)it will be the start of school holidays for some and be crowded. Besides trust me when I tell you ,you don't want to see this at a beach. I put fellow competitors off there game at sprints by changing out in the open.

Richard I'm sure you can bum a ride with someone. If most are happy with that I can post details in a week's time and it should be a byo affair. I think we should raise a donation to the forum to help cover running costs as we did last year. 

i'd be keen for a drive but being in toowoomba is abit far away for a day cruise/meet.  :/

Hi Matty, you are only about 1 1/2 hours away from my place, and you can leave whenever you need to, to get home. If your Z is not up to it or a race car this get together is not restricted to Z cars only. Only people  who are a part of this forum,And the Z car club, and any other Z owners that want to come along. So if you Z car is not up to it you are still most welcome to join in.  8)

im pretty certain my old girl should be up to the task, depending its not pulled a part or something but im keen to show her off  :P, other wise im pretty keen to meet up either way though  :D

Fish&chips it is then.On Sunday DECEMBER 2

I will set out a cruize of about 90 minutes on the north side of Brisbane. The start will be at the Caltex servo on Gympie road

(map 109 h 14 UBD) CARSELDINE. Meeting time to be around 9.00am for a 9.15 depart. The finish will be at Bongaree(SAVIGES) Fish&chips on First Avenue at Bribie Island (map 53  C 20 UBD)  It is a side walk shop with seating and they feel that will be able to look after us as I said there may be 20. Plenty to have a look at as well with antique shops, bakery if you don't like seafood or burgers and enough ice cream outlets to sink a (battleship) , beach, jetty and a pub. We can stop for photos along the way.But we will need to be there by 11.30 am if we wish to park all together and that was recommended by SAVIGES SEAFOOD where we will be eating. Numbers do not mater but if you intend on coming along please let us know.

You don't need a Z to be part of this .

We could turn this into a fuel economy run if there was an interest?

Can we collect a donation for the forum?

Sounds good, not sure what I'll be driving yet. Brakes are off the 240z atm so I might be riding shotgun or driving a girly little swift. Might try and convince my old man to come down in his 350z ;)

I'll plot the drive on google maps and I can pm all of the people I have saved in my QLD members list, see if we can get some more interest :)

Fish&chips it is then.On Sunday DECEMBER 2

I will set out a cruize of about 90 minutes on the north side of Brisbane. The start will be at the Caltex servo on Gympie road

(map 109 h 14 UBD) CARSELDINE. Meeting time to be around 9.00am for a 9.15 depart. The finish will be at Bongaree(SAVIGES) Fish&chips on First Avenue at Bribie Island (map 53  C 20 UBD)  It is a side walk shop with seating and they feel that will be able to look after us as I said there may be 20. Plenty to have a look at as well with antique shops, bakery if you don't like seafood or burgers and enough ice cream outlets to sink a (battleship) , beach, jetty and a pub. We can stop for photos along the way.But we will need to be there by 11.30 am if we wish to park all together and that was recommended by SAVIGES SEAFOOD where we will be eating. Numbers do not mater but if you intend on coming along please let us know.

You don't need a Z to be part of this .

We could turn this into a fuel economy run if there was an interest?

Can we collect a donation for the forum?

Your the man to get things happening Aub. I will be there with bells on and the cheese and kisses beside me. ;D ;D ;D

Hi guys,

Sounds like a great day like it was last year. Unfortunately not only is the zed still in pieces, but I'll be out of the country until Christmas. Hope the day goes well, hopefully I can get the car on the road for next year.

Jason.