George

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

have you tried a v8 z car shan you never know u might like it lol

mine sure puts big smile on my face everytime i drive it much easier to drive slow in a car with big hp than drive fast in a low hp car

but then i just love hp in anything and more the better

mick

• 2 weeks later...

George

have you considered removing the motor & gearbox & sell it without them ?

I love your zed to death but I would have thought low 30's could be achievable as is. Its definetely a 30-something car , just "maybe" not $40k

(just my personal opinion)

you could transplant the V8 into your future clubbie  ::)

I have thought about it but to be honest it deserves that engine. It's well built and it would be a real shame to strip it and loose what it is. There's plenty of stock 240's. This one isn't and that's that.

The price certainly isn't firm. If someone is willing to come to the 30's it will be a party. If not I'll keep enjoying it. :)

shouldn't sell it George :'( its a wicked car i even seen it on other forums people using it as their dream car.

i think was in one of the US forums. so it is a very cool and unique car. just enjoy it more. pihh clubman=motorbike with 4 wheels safety just as good. temporary australian.

one guy from adelaide raced clubmans and he bought himself a 240z recently for historic racing. so there are people going the other way...

but be patient the right buyer will come. maybe add neg or drop the price slightly to help the cause but i wouldn't.

• Administrators

Keep it George, that way I can forget about trying to work out some form of finance to buy it myself lol.

Plus you get to stay in our community which as you know is the best on the net ;). Besides who is going to send me donations on a regular basis to help keep the site up lol.

;D

I wasn't kidding when I mentioned the MX5.  :P It's basically a more road suitable clubman with heaps more creature comforts and at half the price. Could be the best of both worlds. I'm going to test drive a couple to see if they really deserve the wraps everyone gives them.

• Moderators

Mate has one with coilovers and just a NA 1.6. They do handle very well and are pretty quick standard. Installing a turbo is simple and cheap compared to others. But be careful of the early ones..89-90's. They had a harmonic balancer issue that would damage the crank and a bit exy to repair.