Hi everyone from a new member.

I have no Z (currently driving an EA falcon ::)), but am looking for one, preferable a 240z or 2-seater 260, and manual. I've always loved the old Z's, and now I'm finishing up at uni (engineering PhD) and have a real (decent paying) job, so I'm in a position to look at getting my own (although I  also have a wedding and a house to save for).

I have very little experience working with cars (but I'm an electrical engineer, so I've got a technical mind and motivation).

Anyway, I've been lurking, and thought I'd sign up and say hi.

- Bob

Beware Uncle Bob of george ;)

;D Some say he showers with his socks on..

• Some say that his voice can only be heard by cats, and that he has two sets of knees...

• Some say that he’s terrified of ducks, and that there’s an airport in Russia named after him...

• Some say his skin has the texture of a dolphin’s, and that wherever you are in the world if you tune your radio to 88.4 you can actually hear his thoughts...

• Some say that he has no understanding of clouds, and that his earwax tastes like Turkish Delight...

• Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

But we just call him George 8)

Oh yea Welcome to the nut house ;)

Pauly

WTF I had to Google "Gaids".........Who said I was Gay...Bet my boyfriend didn't.

Thats a serect I'm keeping to myself....shit did I write that down...Hope not..

SHhhhhhhhhh Lurch thats between us two..By the way is friday night still on.

Welcome bob...don't be frightened by some of the boys and their attempts at humor...I continue to pray for them!  you will however find as I have over the last few years that the guys on this forum are very motivated to help and an amazing resource of knowledge...and sometimes humor as you begin your Zed journey....hope you find your car soon.

Rev.

Welcome Bob, don't be shy at looking at a 2+2 if you want a far superior user friendly vehicle.......amongst the 1990 - 2000+ models on the road these days I can tell you they look creme de creme!!Lynton 8)

• 2 weeks later...

Bob the 280ZX gives you all the same mechanicals as the 240/260 but improved performance have improved fuel Injection (not carbies) 4 wheel discs, power steering, electric mirrors and also have similar rust issues, so for the money you seem want to spend you should be able to buy an excellent 280ZX,  1982 is the best year. Lynton 8)

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=7234987&__sid=12222C892C07&__Qpb=true&Cr=0&__Ns=pCar_RankSort_Int32%7c1%7c%7cpCar_Price_Decimal%7c1%7c%7cpCar_Make_String%7c0%7c%7cpCar_Model_String%7c0&keywords=&__N=1216%201246%201247%201252%201282%204294963846%204294963445&seot=1&tsrc=allcarhome&__Nne=15&trecs=2&silo=1011

I have no Z

I do now! This one - http://www.tradingpost.com.au/Automotive/Classic-Unique-Cars/Hot-Custom-Street-Cars/AdNumber=TP002106555?BackToResult=true

I needs a bit of work, but having driven it from Brisbane down here (~50kms along the pac motorway), I'm in love. I also feel I'm a bit over my head, so I'm going to find some good books and study up before I do much to it. Immediate plans are to get rid of that horrible front spoiler, change the crazy loud muffler to something more appropriate, and generally enjoy the car.

Congrats! Doesn't look too bad :) But what's been done to the front indicator/park light assembly? ???

That front spook is a BRE style item, but yes it looks out of place...

Oh & it need's a manual conversion STAT!

Oil leaks...........check the oil filter is on tight, other than the rocker box cover gasket not sealing perhaps the transmission is leaking, not much else other than the timing chain cover. Lynton 8)