My new 260z

Hey guys,

Im Mark and im from Sydney. Just thought id drop in and show my 1974 260z as im new to the Z scene. I bought my 260z off an old family friend for $1700, he bought the car brand new back in 1974. The car has been well looked after all its life, it has near nothing when it comes to rust and it will be getting a new coat of silver over the next couple of weeks.

Its just an awesome car to drive and im looking forward to learning more about the car and enjoying it just as much as my friend did.

Cheers, Mark.

post-1397-144023520598_thumb.jpg

post-1397-144023520602_thumb.jpg

post-1397-144023520606_thumb.jpg

post-1397-144023520609_thumb.jpg

Welcome mark looks like you got yourself a nice project car there... first look i got at the bonnet i thought the tree shodows were some sort of airbrushing had to take a second look :P

Im only pretty new to the site here myself but these guys are a pretty friendly bunch, and between the lot of them you will find everything you need to know to get your 26 oz back to her former glory and beyond

Cheers and welcome!

Smurf

Nice Work There Mate! I Bet your already noticing All the looks these cars can get, When i Brought mine home last year With duct tape holding it together And Dents all over I was still getting a Massive amount of Second Looks and even Some Waves!

Now that the cars pretty much done all i can say is Wow! These cars are really an Experiance in themselves to drive

Go in hard and get it done, Because once you drive a zed once, Theres no going back xD

• Moderators

Great find there... you wouldn't want to part with that zed after only $1700 was handed over! You could add another zero to it easily when you're finished with the resto! Keep us updated!

I see all you guys in OZ purchase zed soo cheap - I wish the same could be said here in NZ but alas gone are the days of a zed for under 10K (well 240z anyway - if you do find one for under that = not road legal and lots and lots of rust work and parts missing)

Would have been able to come tomorrow night but its going to be off the road few a week or 2 while my friend is sparying the car.

No major plans for it at the moment but ive only had it for a few weeks.