Administrators gav240z Posted January 10, 2017 Administrators Posted January 10, 2017 Some fun trivia, anyone wanna take a guess what motor this is? I'm guessing 1 or 2 members would know instantly, but maybe give a couple of newbies a shot at it. Quote
dat2kman Posted January 10, 2017 Posted January 10, 2017 More a WHAT! Slight shades of a U motor there, but she aint Circa mid 1960's. OK Next!!! Quote
Administrators gav240z Posted January 10, 2017 Author Administrators Posted January 10, 2017 I'm guessing you know Jason? But if you're not sure, definitely getting warmer. Mid 1960's is definitely accurate. Quote
1600dave Posted January 10, 2017 Posted January 10, 2017 (edited) Pretty easy, considering I have a factory service manual for it in the bookcase Edited January 10, 2017 by 1600dave gav240z 1 Quote
Administrators gav240z Posted January 10, 2017 Author Administrators Posted January 10, 2017 Yes but don't spoil the fun. Quote
Administrators gav240z Posted January 10, 2017 Author Administrators Posted January 10, 2017 Is it a prince g series? Warm, but not there yet. Quote
Administrators gav240z Posted January 10, 2017 Author Administrators Posted January 10, 2017 Looks a lot like I am.JPG Yes it does.. I see where you got that photo from also . I saw 1 of these cars at the Gosford Car Museum. Quote
Mr Camouflage Posted January 10, 2017 Posted January 10, 2017 I know, so I wont tell, but I'll give a clue: It's the first of its series. Quote
GongZ Posted January 10, 2017 Posted January 10, 2017 An early series Nissan 2.3 litre 12-valve S30W Wheelbarrow donk? Quote
Administrators gav240z Posted January 10, 2017 Author Administrators Posted January 10, 2017 It's 2.3 litre yes and the wheelbarrow is not original. ? Quote
Cozza Posted January 10, 2017 Posted January 10, 2017 The block and head have similarities to an L series so I'm guessing an L23?? gav240z 1 Quote
600Z Posted January 10, 2017 Posted January 10, 2017 (edited) From a 68 Cedric? Edited January 10, 2017 by 600Z gav240z 1 Quote
Administrators gav240z Posted January 10, 2017 Author Administrators Posted January 10, 2017 The block and head have similarities to an L series so I'm guessing an L23?? Bingo! From a 68 Cedric? Yes, the photo from Jeff above is from here (1969): http://www.austousa.com/Information.aspx?id=1683&keyword=&description=false&minprice=&price=&cid=0&sidx=0&eidx=30 http://www.earlydatsun.com/cedric130series.html Basically this is still an L-series engine L23 to be precise. Right before the introduction of the L24 in Australia. Quote
Cozza Posted January 10, 2017 Posted January 10, 2017 Yay!! Is it prize of my choice? Hmmm maybe a C10 skyline to fill out the shed. ? Quote
600Z Posted January 10, 2017 Posted January 10, 2017 They would be pretty rare now I'd be thinking. Quote
Administrators gav240z Posted January 10, 2017 Author Administrators Posted January 10, 2017 Yay!! Is it prize of my choice? Hmmm maybe a C10 skyline to fill out the shed. Afraid not, but hey instead you could offer up your own trivia question and keep the game going? Quote
ilbert Posted January 11, 2017 Posted January 11, 2017 Love the rocker cover dome nuts, they weren't taking any chances with that baby coming off. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.