C.A.R. Posted August 23, 2015 Posted August 23, 2015 (edited) I've been discussing with Gordo the AZC Christmas BBQ, and what suitable date we should do it on. Something that has come up recently is that a group of local Datto nuts have organized a 'Melbourne Datsun Day' at Yarra Glen on the 22nd of November. Two weeks later is Classic Japan @ Como Park on the 5th of December.The only suitable date Gordo & I can come up with is Saturday 28th or Sunday 29th at his place - right in between these two events. That's 3 weekends taken up! My question to the community on here is:'Do we have our AZC Christmas BBQ at the Melbourne Datsun Day on the 22nd?' I've added a Poll to gauge everyone's opinion, so please vote.I'd also like to hear your reasons For & Against below. Cheers, L. Edited August 23, 2015 by Lurch ™ Quote
Linton Posted August 23, 2015 Posted August 23, 2015 (edited) I have a 5 hr trip what ever weekend it is, but I do prefer to have it at Gordon's it is more intimate and everyone is there for the same function, not scattered alll over the place at a car show Edit: Can it be mid november instead of December?? Edited August 23, 2015 by Linton Quote
Administrators gav240z Posted August 23, 2015 Administrators Posted August 23, 2015 I have to say I do like Gordon's place, it would be sad not to have that again this year but totally understand if he wants a break from it also. Quote
lightmaster240z Posted August 23, 2015 Posted August 23, 2015 I like the fact it just us a Gordos Quote
Gordo Posted August 23, 2015 Posted August 23, 2015 I'm happy to host the Viczed BBQ the week after the Yarra Glen Datsun show and the weekend before Classic Japan. So Viczed BBQ . On Saturday November the 28th. I do agree with Linton, it's a bit more personal. At the bigger shows you don't get to see everyone and we are parked and scattered all over the place. gav240z 1 Quote
Gordo Posted August 25, 2015 Posted August 25, 2015 Just interested to know what you guys are thinking of doing with three car events one weekend after the other. We have the Melbourne Datsun day at Yarra Glen on the 22nd Nov. Viczed Xmas BBQ at Wandin on the 28th Nov. And Classic Japan at Como Park the week after on 6th Dec. I think I will drive out to the Yarra Glen show and check that out. Then the Viczed BBQ. And give the Classic Japan a miss. Of course all this will be weather dependant . We need three good weekends in a row. lol. What are you Guys thinking of doing? Quote
mossy Posted August 25, 2015 Posted August 25, 2015 Thats why I was thinking the xmas bbq at yarra glen, sort of getting 3 events in 2 days. I think now I'll give classic japan a miss and do the yarra glen show then the xmas bbq. We can always meet up at supercheap lilydale and drive out to yarra glen in a group? Quote
Moderators PB260Z Posted August 25, 2015 Moderators Posted August 25, 2015 Slight Hijack. Any Sydney folk thinking of travelling down for this ? Quote
Administrators gav240z Posted August 25, 2015 Administrators Posted August 25, 2015 Slight Hijack. Any Sydney folk thinking of travelling down for this ? I am considering it, since it will be the first time I'll be able to bring my 72 240z out to it. Even though it needs a bunch of things done to it before I'd really be happy to present it, I think just having it there is a good thing though. I just haven't set my plans in concrete yet. Quote
C.A.R. Posted August 25, 2015 Author Posted August 25, 2015 (edited) OK, I'll start a new thread for the BBQ & Datsun Day. Edit/ New thread here: http://www.viczcar.com/forum/topic/13902-2015-christmas-bbq/?p=164668 <--Please refer to this thread from now on. Edited August 25, 2015 by Lurch ™ Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.