Seat height spacers - OEM?

PeterAllen

My car came with some black plastic. hexagonal spacers fitted between the seat runners and the mounting brackets.

I've made some aluminium spacers, just to lift the seat off the mounts really, but I'm curious as to whether the spacers which came with the car are OEM? Thanks

Yes Peter...they were OEM...its only 42 years since I bought my first 240Z and they came with the black plastic, hex spacers.....Eight per seat..

Part number 86511-E4100.......how's that for life changing information????  :D

• 2 months later...
so how do they go? if short person - rubber round one first, then hex , then washer and nut if tall person - just rubber?

No not quite. Sounds like someone has fiddled with your seat spacers - there should be two black plastic hexagonal spacers per seat track bolt, between seat track & floor frame. As PeterH & others say, OEM was eight plastic hex per seat, nothing else.

And washer, spring washer & nut to secure each track bolt.

Dunno about those, I've only ever seen the hex style on Zeds.

Mine are lightly threaded, you have to spin them on or off by hand like a large nut, they don't just slide over the bolt threads, keeps them in place while you lift & drop the seat into place.

Depends how tall you are or how high/low the seat needs to be for vision & comfort.

My car came with 8 per seat ie. 2 to each bolt/stud, but I took half of the back ones off to incline the seat bases back just a little, works for me.

• 1 year later...

I have to cater for my better half's shorter stature by fitting spacers and extending pedals.
My car is March 77 build and I was struggling with understanding where the spacers go.

It was only when i consulted the manual that I realised there was a design change to the seat runner and mounts in Aug 76 that did not have long bolts for spacers.

I ended up making some spacers in aluminium however I had to replace the (large) phillips headed screws that held the runners to the seats with longer bolts (button head allen keyed) to fit the aluminium spacers.

The change to seat runners is shown in the top insert in the left hand side of this drawing.

260Z%20Seats_zpsna3hgtyb.png