Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

I have put my rota's through some extreme punishment especially at collinggrove

They have been around for a while now so I hope they have sorted out the bad stuff

Posted

I was very happy with my Rotas nothing wrong with them.

 

Didn't you end up selling them for like $1200?

  • Administrators
Posted

In my opinion fake / rip off cheap Chinese junk is the worst of the worst scurge of the earth.

 

 

Here is a video of fake vs genuine 'Weds' wheels.

 

Not only is stuff made in china often of inferior quality but the factories that produce them often don't adhere to environmental standards or protect their workers. Just watched this video yesterday (which is long) but also worth watching.

 

 

Going a bit off topic but it also shows how our coal and steel is used over there and the fact that their steel industry is propped up by government subsidies and now their construction boom is ending steel demand is low and is likely to remain low.... Watch out Aussie economy...

 

To go back on topic though I don't know where Rota's are made (edit: Philippines so not sure how much the above applies?). But what I do know is that there are fake, Rota's.

 

http://jalopnik.com/knockoff-wheelmaker-rota-warns-of-knockoff-rota-wheel-1137837262

 

dn3r5i.jpg

Posted

I will be buying Koya wheels for my S14.

 

The semi forged 18" are light and also have the advantage of being able to be machined for custom offset and PCD to suit a variety of cars and fitment. As I will be trying to stuff as much wheel under the guards without having to use flares if I can get away with it, this is big advantage for me.

 

The price is also pretty competitive for what they are.

Posted

I did a full season of racing with my Rota RBs bouncing of ripple strips, etc with no issues.  The only ones I've seen photos of broken are the ones with the 6 square looking spokes like in the pic Dat2kman posted up.

  • Moderators
Posted

In my opinion fake / rip off cheap Chinese junk is the worst of the worst scurge of the earth.

 

 

Here is a video of fake vs genuine 'Weds' wheels.

 

Not only is stuff made in china often of inferior quality but the factories that produce them often don't adhere to environmental standards or protect their workers. Just watched this video yesterday (which is long) but also worth watching.

 

 

This has been discussed at length before, seems to be very differing experiences with them.

Personally I am not a fan, but understand why so many people use them.

 

http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php/topic,14435.0.html

  • Administrators
Posted

To clarify I'm not hating, just stating that people should be careful with clone wheels, especially when there is clone 'Rota' wheels floating about now. I haven't had any experience with Rota wheels but it seems they are quite popular as a budget alternative, it's great that someone got free wheels etc..

 

But the amount of fake goods being churned out (usually in China) in order to convince people it's the real deal is what annoys me most. Just log onto the Alibaba.com website you'll see what I mean, you take your chances with that stuff. Unfortunately it also harms the business of legit business.Which I think is the biggest shame.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...