FOR SALE NSW: 2x Datsun 240z project cars 1971 and 1973

Veloce

I just listed my 240z project car for sale (two cars included - see ebay description).

To be honest i have no idea what they are worth considering it's an unfinished project, so a no reserve auction with a $1 start and i'll let someone pay what they think they are worth. I'm going to loose a lot of money but hopefully someone can make a good car out of the two and make some money back selling all the extra parts.

I'm not interested in offers at this stage (unless someone wants to give me 10k!), so i'll let the auction run it's course.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2x-Datsun-240z-project-cars-1971-and-1973-/261574001308?pt=AU_Cars&hash=item3ce706829c

Any Q's please drop me a private message.

Cheers,

Mike

• Moderators

I just listed my 240z project car for sale (two cars included - see ebay description).

To be honest i have no idea what they are worth considering it's an unfinished project, so a no reserve auction with a $1 start and i'll let someone pay what they think they are worth. I'm going to loose a lot of money but hopefully someone can make a good car out of the two and make some money back selling all the extra parts.

I'm not interested in offers at this stage (unless someone wants to give me 10k!), so i'll let the auction run it's course.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2x-Datsun-240z-project-cars-1971-and-1973-/261574001308?pt=AU_Cars&hash=item3ce706829c

Any Q's please drop me a private message.

Cheers,

Mike

Good luck with the sale Mike, it will indeed be interesting to see what price they reach.

Cheers

PB

Hey Mike - PM'd you

Rev's got $10K!!

I can see 2 awesome 240's getting back on the road quite soon!!

Rev, I can lend you a car trailer for one of them.  Give me a call once your offer is accepted.  ;D

Rev's got $10K!!

I can see 2 awesome 240's getting back on the road quite soon!!

Rev, I can lend you a car trailer for one of them.  Give me a call once your offer is accepted.  ;D

Let me be clear here, the black car will not easily go back on the road, well it could but it would never drive right, to fix the front end properly you would most likely need to do a cut and shut with a good front end. Hence why i called it a parts car only! The rear end and roof are good though, it would make a good rear-cut for someones rear-ended car.

Already at 8.2k with 8 days to go, and here i thought i found the perfect project  :-\

Good luck with the sale.

To be honest i'm a bit surprised myself, i'm not sure why so many people bid so early in the auction? Not that i'm complaining of course. I get the impression that 240z's will be out of the 'affordable classic' price range in the next 5 years at this rate. If that's the case the chances i'll own another one are looking pretty slim :(

• Administrators

Already at 8.2k with 8 days to go, and here i thought i found the perfect project  :-\

Good luck with the sale.

You can always sell some of the parts and other car to offset the costs of buying the good car.

If that's the case the chances i'll own another one are looking pretty slim :(

I wouldn't worry there will always be some barn find scored at a bargain price. It's the cost of some NOS stuff that is really going up and making it harder I think.

• Moderators

Interesting bid activity going on here, 3 bids have been retracted the highest of $9010.00 and now down to $5100.00 with 2 days to go.

Ebay auctions can indeed be interesting  ::)

I suppose it is better for a bidder to retract their bid as opposed to "win" an item then not complete the sale - that just wastes everybodies time  >:(

Yeah i don't know what the go is there, the high bidder has dissapeared from Ebay it seems but i don't really mind, i was looking at his feedback history out of curiosity and he had more than one recent "won item but did not pay" type feedback.

So , anyone that bids please have the funds and read the ad at least two or three times!! Ask me any questions you have, view the cars if you can etc.

I'm getting questions like "how much rego is on it"  :o

Hey guys I won the auction. Hopefully the cars will be getting shipped to Adelaide later this week.

Looking at picking up another 2 cars later this week also. Will give details on others later this week.

Now it's time for the fun to begin. I'm sure I will have many questions to ask

There is something in that Adelaide water I'm telling ya, those guys have got Z fever and the only cure is more cowbell.

http://vimeo.com/55624839

;D I bought that red (pink...) 260z from the old lady which was on gumtree a couple of weeks back that you posted too.

More cowbell indeed.

Congrats on the purchase!

• 1 month later...