Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hey Fellow Z owners...

 

I'm Rob and a managed to get my hands on my first ever Datsun 240Z (S30)  :D

 

I purchased the car from someone in Adelaide, who was very helpful with most of my questions.  The Z is totally painted in primer to prevent any rust from continueing to eat my Z and that's a good thing since I'm not in a hurry to do the quick fix.  I wanna do everything right, and hopefully with some advice from the Z community... do things only once (if that's possible..).

 

I will post my progress as I do things along the way, but at this stage I have a 2 year time period to get the Z how I want it...

 

Even in it's current state, I still find myself just looking at the bloody thing and getting excited... If only money was no object I would get this thing kicking over sooner rather than later...

 

Anyway.. I will post some pics up soon of my progress and/or if I am finding out anything I can share with all of you...

 

Cheers... Rob

  • Moderators
Posted

Hi Rob

 

Welcome to Auszcar, can't wait to see the pictures of your project.

All the advice you could ever need can be found on this forum.

 

Cheers

 

Peter

  • Moderators
Posted

Welcome Rob,

 

 

Post pics when you can..taking your time and doing things right always gets good results in the end. I found out after doing my second zed of the things to NOT do and definately do NOT do....

Posted

 

.... I have a 2 year time period to get the Z how I want it...

 

 

Welcome Rob.  Another fast build - 2 years.  I'm 3 years into my 2 year build and it's still on the rottisorrie!  You only need money, skill, time and knowledge - I've got one of the four  ::)

 

There is plenty of skill and knowledge here to help.

 

Good luck

 

MaygZ

Posted

Welcome Rob.  Another fast build - 2 years.  I'm 3 years into my 2 year build and it's still on the rottisorrie!  You only need money, skill, time and knowledge - I've got one of the four  ::)

 

There is plenty of skill and knowledge here to help.

 

Good luck

 

MaygZ

 

Welcome Rob. Post up some pics when you can.

 

In regards to statement above. I reckon I've got 1/4 of each of the 4  'prerequisites'  and mine still took nearly 3 years to complete.  8)

 

I like the statement "many hands make light work" so if you have a few mates that can help, that always make things go faster (and cheaper usually).

 

But then again, I also like the statement "9 women can't make a baby in 1 month" so make of that as you will.

 

Posted

Welcome rob.

 

What suburb you in?

 

We need some more Z's in the North/west of Melb.

 

Hey Retro Z,

 

Hail from the Eastern suburbs ....  :D

Posted

Hey Rob you were a member of SAU right? Remember seeing the username.

 

Did you purchase your 240z off Johnny (Fairlady Z)??

 

Post up pics  ;D

Posted

Welcome Rob, good too see you on here.

 

Also good too catch up again at PI on sat.

 

Dont worry about the time you get it done quicker with help from auszcar nutcases.

Retro yeah it was my 73.

 

Pics here till Rob updates with latest ones.

http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php/topic,12368.0.html

 

 

 

  • 3 weeks later...
Posted

I thought I'd jump in to rep the North side  ;D

 

I just purchased an '81 280zx Manual non-turbo from Adelaide. Should be arriving tonight and I am pumped can't stop staring at the few photos I have.  ::)

 

I haven't seen the car and took a huge risk by bidding on it through ebay. But I was once a South Aussie too so got my friends to check it out and they said it was in top nick - I'll soon be that guy with the most obvious of questions  :P

Posted

That's where it's at......... EASTSIDE. *waves hands about*

Are we east side or south-east side ?

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

Hey Z ppl...

 

Today I bought some US tail lights!!!!  ;D 

 

I'll post pics up once I get them, but I think I got em at a good price.... 

 

I am also about to purchase some doors for the 240z with some fibreglass skins (I still have to research how I will get them skins on the frames, but I don't think it will be too hard... just a lot of time and patience).

 

I also have started to polish the stainless goodies on the car...  I will post pics soon in the next few weeks....

 

Still a crap load to do though, just have to take my time and do a little everyweek, hopefully in the last quarter of this year I can purchase a R33 series 1 or 2 half cut that will donate to my 240z... Hopefully!!

 

Cheers for all the comments and well wishes  :)

Posted

Howdee!

 

Looking forward to pictures when you have them! I don't have any of the four suggested needs for a build, so i stalk other peoples builds instead :) That's my business lol.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...