Jump to content

Alibaba

Members
  • Posts

    21
  • Joined

  • Last visited

    Never

Everything posted by Alibaba

  1. price dropped to 3,500
  2. Here's a link to an album of photos I have on my laptop already. I will take some photos of the engine bay and close up of bits and bobs and add it to the album later soon. http://imgur.com/a/h9dFs
  3. Reason for selling: I bought the car extremely enthusiastic to work on it, but the reality is I don't have space to work on it comfortably or to work on it slowly. Knowing the community I figure its better off with one of you than me for now. Model: 280zx non-turbo T-top MANUAL Required Location: Melbourne Required Price and Payment Conditions: $3,500 - open to negotiation, will take cash/bank transfer Item Condition: Good Body: Needs a complete bonnet respray. Body can be touched up - There is paint cracking here and there. Minimal surface rust around engine bay. Rubber weather strip needs fixing/replacing on drivers side. Top chrome of front windscreen has fallen off - still have the piece just needs to be put back on. Chrome front bumper has minor dints. Interior: Red Mechanical: Has a reconditioned L28 engine which has done a little over 10,000ks since replacing Registration: Expires 10 May 2014 Pictures: Will be posting soon Extra Info: Purchased the car in May from South Australia. Changed the following for Roadworthy: 1. LHS Idler arm 2.Tie-rod end boots 3. Sump Gasket (resealed) 4. Both lower ball joints 5. Front lower control arm inner bushes 6. RHS reverse light 7. Front tyres I have been having troubles with the headlights they come and go randomly whilst driving... so far they've always come back on and I've been told I just need to re-solder and clean the connections. Also, I have a heap of extra parts for the interior and I think engine components, the previous seller gave them to me with the car. I also have receipts for most of the parts and the engine swap which was done by a Z shop in Adelaide Contact Details: PM me or email me at ali.sert@rocketmail.com Edits: body description. Price drop More pictures have been uploaded follow link below http://alibabasdatsun280zx.imgur.com/all/
  4. Hi guyZ I have an '81 280zx T-Top and need weather stripping for the drivers side. The one I have is cracked and causes leaking. I called a sunroof place and they said they couldn't help. Also the datsun store in the U.S stopped reproducing them so they're a no go. If anyoneis selling or knows where I can get some it would be greatly appreciated.
  5. Hi by any chance do you have/know of where I can get weather strips for an '81 280zx T-top? The one that goes around the door body of the car.
  6. I stole one and brought it over it vic
  7. Hi Z-fellow, So I've gathered that many of the people here are much older than I am and may possibly have children - if you're not married to your Z Anywho I'm 21 and study laboratory medicine part-time and have been working as a laboratory technician part-time; setting up experiments and maintaining the labs etc etc. I got this job on sheer luck and its been great but it was only for a maternity leave cover type gig and now the school is taking on major budget cuts and given me the "its not you we just haven't got the money" talk. Since working here I've been taking part in a lot of demonstrations and explaining things to the kids so I've really enjoyed it and found that I'm pretty good at it too. So being inbetween jobs at the moment someone recommended I do tutoring and I figure if anyone has kids on here I could tutor their kids and check out their Z's at the same time and my life would be sweet Studying Lab Med I'm more into the Science, Chemistry, and Biology side of things but I have a strong Math knowledge also so I can tutor those areas. I'm situated in the Northern suburbs and will travel to a reasonable distance - maybe could do it in the state library or something. I also do group sessions which comes to a bit less per head per hour. So if you hear someone mention it or have a kid struggling, I'm your go to guy PM me if you're interested
  8. I've got an '81 280zx and I'm intending to do everything I can myself - whilst also looking at things I can do... so how does one build this "by hand" ?
  9. Hello fellow Z-men, So I have an '81 280zx manual NT. Since registering last month I have finally been taking it out for the odd night spin and found that when I turn and my signal flicks off the dashboards lighting turns off temporarily then comes back on, AND THEN every 6 turns or so the headlights go off, the fog lights tend to stay on but the head lights are out - sometimes if I signal left and right a bit they come back on and if not I just play the waiting game. Another electrical (I'm assuming) is the red check engine light is on, and when I do the check it says brake lights but they're working just fine. I was thinking of taking on the huge project of rewiring the whole car, because a lot of the wires look pretty shotty, someone suggested a fuze could be blown. I located the fuze box under the stearing wheel and checked, they're all still good, one was missing but I replaced it. So any tips/pointers? Can I get it professionally re-wired? Roughly how much would that cost?
  10. sweet thanks for the reviews guys. just found another thread about the same topic http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php?topic=11144.60
  11. I'm keen on doing this too. When I got my 280 the handbrake was loooooooossse I tightened the bolt where the brake lines meet, despite it being tighter when I pull up and firm its still not very strong and I have to leave it in gear to be safe.
  12. Hi, I have an '81 280zx T-top. After washing the car I found that there is a leak on the drivers side on the front upper corner where the window meets the removable top. The previous owner told me he purchased the seals 2nd hand for $400 because it'd cost over a grand to get new ones in australia or something. The z-shop ( http://www.thezstore.com/ ) sells them roughly for $25 and said they could unpackage them and roll it up so that it'd cost around $25 for postage... Has anyone dealt with them? Are they reliable? Will the price go up with tax or something?
  13. They said they don't do it. I'm going to go get some bearings as soon as possible and replace them. Won't be driving till then. Also I got the rwc
  14. I need new bearings. They have this grinding sound when they spin the wheel. The right side more so than left Going to tighten for now but will need to change them soon after. Does anyone know where I can get this done? Or is it simple enough for me to figure out?
  15. Sooo a problem has come up. This morning I went to buy two new front tyres and get an alignment done but when they went to do it they said there was too much play in the wheels, mainly horizontally but also vertically. I just changed the bushes and ball joints and tie rod end boots and im fairly clueless as to what it may be There's a mechanic in my area who works on inports and Japanese cars, swung past and there's a heap of skylines, s2ks, 86, and supras around. Dont know his background with older cars think it was called jaks or something. Going to head back at 11 to see what he says. Does anyone know what it could be?
  16. So after a few days of banging and bashing I've got a few grazed knuckled and cuts - Lurch's words gave me a lot to think about "What colour would suit my golf, maybe it is a safer option" Everything is pretty much done, the windscreen wipers motor had disconnected but when I pulled the lever the short squirt phases weren't enough to get water onto the front windscreen, so I changed the motor and still the same problem - luckily for me the owner previous to the previous was an idiot and connected a little speaker that made the sound of a blow-off valve to the little button which squirts water to the head-lights, I took that connection and put it on the new motor and now it works just fine The ball joints were a bitch and a half to connect back up to the control arm (maybe I was doing it wrong) but it took a fair effort. the sump gasket I cleaned up and then turned on the car for a good half hour and watched for a leak... nothing sooo I'll just keep my eye on that. Ash at Moorabbin Auto Spares was awesome - found myself calling him every day with questions One thing that caught my eye however was this dripping towards the back of the car - seems like its just water... but where would all this water come from? I smelt it.. no smell.. I tried burning it... not flammable - So if you guys have any idea if I should be worried please let me know what i need to do
  17. With the sump it seemed more of an oozing than anything so I was just going to go hard with degrease and silicone (anyone know the best one to use?) Yes the white and red/maroon bonnet is different. It's actually growing on me. However a re spray is due, theres chips of paint on the bonnet and the passenger door is a slight off white if you look closely.
  18. thank you, thank you, thank you. I don't know if was ash but whoever I talked to was friendly as. ps. heres my ride
  19. Cheers for the pro-tip. I have a swift, it just isn't doing it for me anymore. part numbers would be nice. but if you guys have any idea of where I could pick these parts up it would also help. You gotta have some connections Lurch from my understanding you seem like one of the go to guys on this forum.
  20. Hello fellow Z-men So last night I picked up my new '81 280zx from Adelaide, sounds sweet and body is in good-ish condition. Today I took it for a RWC and a few things came up; 1. LHS Idler arm worn 2. LHS Tie-rod end boot 3.Sump Gasket leaking oil 4. Both lower ball joints warn 5. Front lower control arm inner bushes are worn. 6. Hand brake cable needs securing 7. RHS reverse light 8. washer jets not spraying (theres no water but there wasn't a sound either sooo I'll fill with water and see how that goes first) any info/tips would be mega-helpful. Also the weather seal leaks a tad from top of driver door and lower rear windscreen - tips on fixing that too would be epic. Cheers
  21. I thought I'd jump in to rep the North side I just purchased an '81 280zx Manual non-turbo from Adelaide. Should be arriving tonight and I am pumped can't stop staring at the few photos I have. I haven't seen the car and took a huge risk by bidding on it through ebay. But I was once a South Aussie too so got my friends to check it out and they said it was in top nick - I'll soon be that guy with the most obvious of questions
×
×
  • Create New...