WTB R200 3.36:1 diff

Graedat

• Moderators

I think the best chance and maybe only option is to try Nissan dealerships either here or in the US. Last time I priced a 3.9 gearset for example they quoted about $950. Or do heaps of research and find out what cars had them installed and keep looking....my 2c worth...

ex japan, almost any ratio gear sets you could want in the long nose r200.

about 2k from memory, trying to find the link now.....

http://www.kameariengineworks.co.jp/catalogue-P48.pdf

down bottom right of page, they used to have another page with prices next to the ratios.

you can buy anything you want for the s30 from their main page

http://www.kameariengineworks.co.jp/

from brakes to camber arms, strut bars, high ratio steering arms etc etc......

nat0

• Administrators

I am after a 3.36:1 R200 for my 260z.

Thanks

Graeme

I take it you still have the 260z? I know you were looking to sell a little while back, change of heart?

I have a 3.36 R200 LSD but unfortunatly want to keep it as a spare diff. It is the only one I have heard of and was lucky enough to pick it up over 10 years ago. Keep looking and you might get lucky somewhere. I think there might be a few in the States.

I take it you still have the 260z? I know you were looking to sell a little while back, change of heart?

Yes Gav, i am going to keep it. I think its turning into a little investment. They are not getting any cheaper thats for sure.

yes i believe that is so, but do believe also they are talking about a live/solid rear end not an IRS setup.

but a youger chap at my work has also installed a VN lsd into his datsun sunny housing, with shortened axles!!!! :o

most diffs can be done as such.

What about a 3.54:1, very easy to get a hold of!!!!! straight in and then just LSD the thing with a late modelmechanical centre or Aftermarket like kaaz,cusco,quaif tomei????

the 3.54 is not far off the 3.36 in real world terms, what are you running at present???

nat0

Nato, i am running a 3.7:1 lsd.

I am willing to lose the lsd for lower ratio.

Maybe i should try the 3.54:1.

Anyone know how i can work out how many revs i will be doing with this ratio?

Currently revs at about 2800 at 100 using supra 5 speed.

Thanks for the input guys!

Hey Graedat I can see now why you want a new ratio with 2,800rpm at 100klms. It might be cheaper for you to look at hooking up a different gearbox. Sounds to me like your problem is being created by the raitio in the Supra box.

Someone told me that some guy in Adelaide has a 2.75. Can't remember who told me. Anyone want to remind me?

make sure it isn't an r230,this was a common ratio in the big luxury late model nissans that the states got...Nissan Armada??

now if there was an easy way to fit these diffs..............

Nato, i am running a 3.7:1 lsd.

I am willing to lose the lsd for lower ratio.

Maybe i should try the 3.54:1.

Anyone know how i can work out how many revs i will be doing with this ratio?

Currently revs at about 2800 at 100 using supra 5 speed.

Thanks for the input guys!

if you know what ratios are in your supra box, you can work it all out on here.

Output is in Mph, but its easy enough to convert it over.

http://www.geocities.com/z_design_studio/transmission.html

I have a Tremec 5 speed manual. Takes around 750bhp so holds up well. The ratio is great I am doing around 130klms on 3,000rpm with the 3.9 diff. When the 3.36 was in it was a bit of over kill but at around 4,000rpm I was doing 200klms. She was just idling along whilst low flying. But I am saving the diff for a trip to the salt lakes speed event some day or a spare. I would love to get the car well over 300klms some day.  :)

Actually you can get the Tremec in a 6 speed these days for around $1,500- which isn't too bad. Mine is a lon way between 4th & 5th. But that direction might be worth the investment for the long term. I know it would cost a lot more to put one in etc. But it would set your car up nicely and it will last for ever with your power.

• 2 months later...