Jump to content

garvice

Members
  • Posts

    1,044
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

Everything posted by garvice

  1. I only took a picture of a kids motorcycle with a turbo strapped to it
  2. garvice

    QLD: 260Z Bellhousing

    Mate this is almost the afternoon when you have a child. Been in the shed for hours already
  3. garvice

    QLD: 260Z Bellhousing

    I sold a280zx gearbox to sushi back in his hoarding days. He might be able to help.
  4. garvice

    QLD: 260Z Bellhousing

    No z32 love? The crossmember in your car would be much easier.
  5. You're from Townsville, we expected no less.
  6. Built a Ron Tyler inspired Diff mount today. Didn't have any 3" or 1" x 1/4" flat bar, but did have some 6mm x 100mm flat bar, so used that instead. I didn't use Ron's dimensions as my driveline angles are not the same as a JTR build. Overall I got my driveline sitting at 1.9 degrees and the driveline is parallel in the horizontal plane within ~0.1 degrees. Here are the pictures. As you can see in the photos, I am going to need to change to a 240z rear mount roll bar.
  7. Welcome mate, very interested in the build and subscribing to see how it comes along.
  8. If it is changing the height of the rear of the diff, then it is changing the angle of the diff too. You might find that they were put in that way so that the diff angle was corrected (L6 motors have the diff angled quite a bit up which is a problem when you put a different engine in there and change the angle of the driveline). If you do remove them, check the angle of the diff and transmission first to see how much you are changing it by moving the bushes. If you find more vibration when you move the bushes then you will either need to revert back to how it was or lower the nose a bit more.
  9. Ah fair enough. At least the box isn't too wide. You able to keep the original ears on the tunneland just modify the cross member then? Shouldn't be too hard if you can keep the mounting points.
  10. What is wrong with the rear mount Peter?
  11. Been done on a 280zx before Personally not my cup of tea, but here is the link if your interested. http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php?showtopic=38974
  12. Wasn't this a new slab? Why the grinding of the slab and chamfer? My concreters cut the chamfer in while laying and did a wet trowel at the end to have the slab smooth. Haven't put down epoxy though, so not sure what preparation is required in that respect.
  13. I have a Kemppi Beta 90x. Personally I think it is the greatest thing since slice bread. No battery in this mask, has a huge screen and you can flick the screen up and grind with the safety shield. Best of all, my welding has improves because I can actually see what I am doing now. http://www.allwelding.com.au/epages/alal8270.sf/?ObjectPath=/Shops/alal8270/Products/KEM9873047
  14. I can't quite make out the name on the sump peter, but it is a beautiful piece. Who makes that?
  15. Fair enough, I am no help to you then.
  16. What size motorWas on it Richard? I have a 1hp single phase motor siting in the shed if you wanted to try and fix it. Might be a bit big though.
  17. Just for info, my nov 76 has the different latches, so you might be better off just asking him for a photo.
  18. Lurch, are you there? Zed man I will take it if lurch is willing to transport it. Send me apm with your bank details and price. Or alternatively let me know how much to give lurch in cash.
  19. Cheers mate. Definitely looks better then mine. Will let you know if I can't find one. Cheers. Brad
  20. How straight is it on the bottom? Looks like it has had a few hits (though not as bad as mine).
  21. Well done mate, must have been nervous cutting into precious metal like that. I would be burnt really badly the next day if I welded without a long shirt/jacket. How are you feeling? Then again, it was just little tack welds with pretty thin metal/low current.
  22. Found my gear stick. See photos Handsandwhich was after above.
  23. Photos showing where the gear stick now comes through with the shortened shifter linkage.
  24. Cheers mate.
  25. Cheers Greg, not in any rush so will see what else comes up. Zedman, what condition is your one in? Got any photos?
×
×
  • Create New...