Jump to content

garvice

Members
  • Posts

    1,044
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

Everything posted by garvice

  1. I sent him a message the other day that I saw your post but didn't hear back from him. He has been busy with other commitment lately so might not have logged on yet. Pretty sure he still has it. Will try and get onto him again.
  2. Shaun's (sexual_sushi) shell didn't for the bill?
  3. Been thinking the same thing as I have a RB26 sender that is mechanical. Can't check it yet because I have to fit it into a z32 gearbox which has a slightly different size sender.
  4. Looks like your passenger door isn't closing properly. Or is that just a result of too much power
  5. Oh ones other thing. Since our is no longer a residential garage (though it isn't quite a workplace) you might have too test and tag the electrical equipment regularly and service equipment etc. imagine if someone hurt themselves on a peice of faulty equipment and your the one on the lease responsible for making everything safe.
  6. Go for it. Its a pipe dream of mine to but a big block of labs that can be subdivided and then put a massive shed I the corner of four or more blocks. Seriously consider security though. Industrial sheds are prime targets for theives as they are often vacant at night and generally have large scores of easily movable items. Maybe some web based battery backed up cctv, so at least you haver video of whoever broke in. maybe even mount then high out of reach/sight.
  7. http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php/topic,9755.0.html
  8. Has it really been a year or have they changed the date on me? If it hasn't changed then I really haven't done much on the Z this year, ha.
  9. Don't let or criticism crush your ideas. Just trying to point out that very few ideas are simple, cheap and effective. Just remember the formulas. Cheap and fast = not reliable Cheap and reliable = not fast Fast and reliable = not cheap
  10. ^Your engine mounts sit on your crossmember. Lowering your crossmember will not help the clearance between engine and crossmember. I'm sure you could use the rb26 engine mounts, but if you are trying to use them to lower the engine you should jusy bold your own mounts. Having two units is why you want them parallel (so they don't run at different speeds). there are tolerances to which you can run unis though.
  11. Benny that is why you have a problem, because you are moving the front of the engine without moving the gearbox. Ie you are changing the angle of the engine/gearbox in relation too the duff. They will no longer be parallel. If you lowered the gearbox mount too then you would be fine. Think it is easier to lower diff though. Brad
  12. I had to lower mine a good20-30mm. Depends how much the front of the engine gets lowered though
  13. The diff is supported from below standard, you can't space the diff crossmember down because it sandwiches some bushes. You can make a whole new mount though. Not hard, just got to keep it in mind. See this link http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php/topic,9260.msg91562.html#msg91562
  14. I'll have a look, not sure the benefit would be that great though. It will modify your driveline angle resulting in needing to lower your diff nose.
  15. Are you talking the rubber mounts or the aluminium section? Might still have some of the rubber pieces but sold the aluminium parts. The 26 parts are slightly different to rb30 ones (what I ended up buying because they were so cheap)
  16. Great to see that some people are willing to fix up a shell like that as it keeps a lot more alive. A lot of people would have said it was all too hard and just scrapped it and bought a nicer example (definitely the quicker way).
  17. Wheels look great!
  18. Gees Brad was a slacker for not picking this up. Good luck with the sale. Please buy/save this people, the plasma cutter is warmed up ready to go otherwise.
  19. ha. You pull an engine and gearbox to change a clutch our was that just an excuse to use the engine crane? Guess bench pressing a box like that wouldn't be too fun. Looks like you need a hoist/transmission jack.
  20. Sounds like a nice project jason. I javed been thinking about these with a turbo sr20 for a few years. The misses has dropped the occasional line that she would like a car and I reckon one of these would be good for her, should be easy to work on.
  21. garvice

    240 Roof Skin

    Ah, that makes sense (didn't remember you having asunroof), I must have read it wrong.
  22. garvice

    240 Roof Skin

    How much of the roof do you need? What about a 260z 2+2 skin from shaun? Will be able to use the centre part but probably not to the edges. Shaun, if we get enough people together maybe I should just bring the car over to my shed and we can go to work with the plasma cutter.
  23. Bog has always existed. It used too be called lead.
×
×
  • Create New...