Jump to content

zzzzed

Members
  • Posts

    2,697
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    5

Everything posted by zzzzed

  1. zzzzed

    Tie rod ends

    Thanx lurchos
  2. zzzzed

    Tie rod ends

    Does any one in Australia supply tie rod ends?
  3. I have done both floor pans and chassis rails while the car was on jack stands. If you don't like welding up side down to weld in the cassis rails you can do most of the plug welds from in side the car.
  4. Geeze u am upsetting every one lol. Yeh I have had many modified 4cylinder cars and had a mate with a sr20 Putting out around 250rwkw. They don't sound as good as a 6. 8. 10 or 12 unless you can get them revving like a motorcycle.
  5. Is it staying lime yellow?
  6. Yeh sort gave its that tin can sound when they are idling I don't like. Yeh any thing could happen at this stage. It will be at least 12 months before I am ready for an engine. So it will prob be a case of what turns up first. Bet like you said Paul a stock road engine won't like track work for to long. An ls1 can be had for around the same price as an rb25 so which ever one I get it will be getting money spent on it before it goes in the car.
  7. What I am after is a reliable 300 to 350 rwkw as cheaply as possible. The vq35 does appeal to me
  8. And then the next question would be would you spend 8k on a ls3 crate motor? Or pick up a ls1 and spend 7 or 8k on it? From what I have read it dosent coat much to make power with the Ls
  9. I guess it's because Toyota is Nissans main rival like holden is to ford. That's just my view. I don't like the sound of rota's and from reading specs the 20b is heavier than The ls1. I am looking at bang for buck horse power I think the ls will produce the most for the least $$$
  10. I had just about talked my self out of an ls but you guys have turned me around again These still a long way off till I am ready for the engine so I will see what the budget is when the time comes.
  11. Thing is paul to me putting a Toyota in a nissan is like putting a Windsor in a monaro. It's just wrong.
  12. Does the standard ls sump fit in a 240z so I could use an of the shelf gated sump?
  13. I thought about that. But I not sure if I can handle the 4 cylinder farty sound.
  14. Let's just say I have 8k to spend. I have been thinking of swapping over to either an Ls2 or 3 crate engine Would I be better of spending $8k on an rb25/6 Can the ls engine take the punishment that an RB can? Or are their better ways to spend my engine budget. Don't say suspension because I already have that sorted
  15. Would have to get an engineer to sign off on all mods There are still things that need changing like the fuel filler for unleaded only. I havnt worried about it because if I keep it it will be dedicated to the track.
  16. Thanx mate. If it was engineered for the mods I would ask more and the interior needs about another $800 spent On it to bring it up to scratch. I would maybe be willing to put an L28 in it if the buyer didn't want to go through engineering hassles. Check the build thred http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php/topic,3368.msg27529.html#msg27529
  17. Very roger. But body work costs me next to nothing the plan is to spend most of the 25k on the suspension and engine on the next one.
  18. Good dam it I did post it
  19. I have another 240z project on the way so I was thinking about selling my rb25 set 240z I will be using the funds from the sale to make the new 240 bigger and better. Rb25det Willwoods front R31 rear R200 4:3 LSD Re skun dash and seats $25,000 Am I going to hit post arrrrrgghhh!!! :-\
  20. Wow long time no post. Good to see some progress
  21. I rember peter hall getting 260 hp from his l26 with round to hitachi's
  22. I will be restoring another 240 for my self very soon. I will be removing all the outer skins and taking it back to its bare bones to make sure I get every bit of rust. I will document as much as I can. It will be a major job.
  23. If you get stuck there is a sticky over on hybridz on how to get the job done I am hopeless at wiring but I managed to get my rb25 wired up in my 240z by following it.
  24. That was pay back for that one earlier on FB haha
  25. Would that be finch restorations haha
×
×
  • Create New...