Jump to content

George

Members
  • Posts

    1,981
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    32

Everything posted by George

  1. Huzzah! Good job
  2. Make sure you get a video of it firing up.
  3. That makes no sense. The listing on Gumtree was posted on 14 Nov.
  4. '72 240Z VIC $15.5k Auto, one owner, close to roadworthy. http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/lilydale/cars-vans-utes/1972-datsun-240z-coupe/1031901380?ea=3370051
  5. '72 240Z QLD $6.5k Owners comments, "Needs alot of work would be a profitable project," http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/brisbane-region/cars-vans-utes/1972-datsun-240z-coupe/1031771953?ea=3370051
  6. Thanks Gav. Yep, agree, not worth anywhere near the asking price. Would expect it to be a more complete car for 19k.
  7. '73 240Z QLD $19k http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/SSE-AD-2454062 Looks like a UK import. Or did we get cars with the square front indicators?
  8. A belated welcome. :-)
  9. And what is your dream Z? Welcome aboard
  10. It was passed at AU$131k landed according to Iron Chef Imports. Negotiations start from AU$133k landed. I don't get that but that's the info they posted. Why would it pass only $2k short of what they want for it...?
  11. Welcome aboard Dave. Pics please
  12. That rocker cover looks too good to use!
  13. I got flooded twice where my temp workshop is in last year's heavy rains. Had to rip up the carpet and move everything. Twice. Was such a pain. Ended up being a blocked drain at the side of the house.
  14. A topic that is on my mind every single day Gavin. I'm in the middle of what is becoming a very long project. Can't wait to see the back of it and to start enjoying the cave. I have recently started woodworking. The interest has always been there to create things. It's a form of expression and it gives me great personal satisfaction unlike anything else. A year ago I purchased a house and although one of the criteria was to have a garage and a man cave the property had neither but it did have the potential for both. After doing the essential renovations inside the house I started on my man cave. My temporary workshop. Latest update. Progress is sloooow. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-r5RXe8P_Y I expect this project will be completed this summer. Later next year (could even be the year after) I will start work on the garage. I should be able to find a Z to put in it by then.
  15. Exactly right. And that goodness there are so many movies that appeal to such a wide audience. I take away something from every movie I watch even though I might not enjoy it overall.
  16. I just didn't enjoy it. I know a lot of people did and it actually rated really well but it beats me why. Eastwood's acting was pedestrian at best and the support acting was absolutely (expletive here) horrible. The two support actors (Thao and Sue characters) were played by first time actors. Eastwood was experimenting here and failed. He tried to use 'real' people and what he got was a couple of stunned mullets in front of a camera. This movie actually proves a point. Give an audience a good final 15 minutes and they'll rave about it having forgotten the lead-up. I might have a different opinion if I watched it now but at the time I really couldn't wait for it to finish. :-/
  17. No doubt two of the better war films I've seen and up there as Eastwoods best work. I saw them both in 2007 so a bit hazy on all the details but I do recall being impressed by Letters. That stood out as the better of the two with impressive acting. I should watch it again actually. Thanks for bringing it up. On Eastwood, I really liked his Mystic River. I can highly recommend that one. He was doing some exceptional work in the early 2000's and then he made Gran Torino. I lost all faith in him at that stage.
  18. Rush (2013) - What can I say. As a car enthusiast I enjoyed the audiovisuals. As a film enthusiast I cringed a few too many times. I honestly think they tried to fit in too much in too short a time. The story felt forced and the actors unconvincing. My fiancé said it succinctly - 'it was just too Hollywood'. 6/10
  19. At the cinemas waiting for Rush to begin. Vroooom
  20. 240Z $30k NSW http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Datsun-240Z-1973/SSE-AD-2416151/?Cr=1&sdmvc=1
  21. Looking great! Damn they look good in white. My ideal colour although I'm starting to glimpse over the fence in to the 907 green camp. They're starting to appeal to me in a big way.
  22. Without getting into it, both impeccable films that everyone ought to watch and then watch again. There is so much to take in that you miss on first viewing. Also worth checking out Curse of the Golden Flower. Although this one is less action and more charged and intense drama. Have not seen 13 Assassins yet. I'll try to get to that one soon.
  23. Children of Men (2006) - with the recent release of Gravity and its long takes I was interested in watching Children of Men again (first seen in 2007). The connection is Alfonso Cuarón who has written and directed both. If anything, the long takes in CoM are more elaborate, ambitious and extremely well acted. Once conscious of them I found myself impressed enough to rewind a number of times. The film is worth watching and deserves its high praise regardless of the impressive long takes. 8/10
  24. It's the little things like that cooler line bracket that make this build top quality. Enjoying your project. Keep it up.
  25. I had a good laugh at that. The way I see it, if you have $60k to burn then you must have done something right in your life and hence would have some sense about worth. In other words, good luck trying to find a sucker with $60k. It's not going to happen.
×
×
  • Create New...