MSCA Sandown Sprint meet - July 1st 2012

luvemfast

Simon. You have to ask your self. How many guys on this forum have Zeds that can be driven, and how many of them do club racing. It narrows the field down bit. But if you come down they have a passenger session just after lunch, you might get lucky and get a ride, then you might get the bug to motivate yourself and enter one yourself.

Gordo...... Are you saying that there are lots of posers here that are big girls, scared of me now I'm a supersprint winner?

Cos that what it sounds like  ;D

What about yourself, Steve, Rich, Dimitri, Gerhard, Sinisha, Dave, Laurence, Mark, (Gareth's still a while off). There are Z's that can be there, for me to play with. although most are too fast for me to keep up with.

Dads in the middle of another ZX build, but is too busy galavanting around in his Winnebago  ::)

As Ash has said ..............75 db noise limit excludes me ...........my Roadster gets pinged every time due to the induction noise.

The NDSOC will be providing the catering though so thre will be a few of us there to spectate.

Al. 

I hope to come along for a look. Will drive the Zed out if it is dry.

Like I said to Gordon I will do a sprint or two when the weather gets better. Closer to end of the year.

Looking forward to see how Gordon's Big Mac enhanced Zed goes. We are tipping his best ever time in this Zed. That is with out broadcasting the proposed number. Ha Let's hope it is an dry, incident free day.  ;)

75 db? Seriously WTH?

So you're allowed to drive up and down residential streets all day long with 96db and ride your Harley while blipping the throttle at every opportunity but heaven forbids on a dedicated racetrack you are limited to 75db!

*rant off

75 db? Seriously WTH?

So you're allowed to drive up and down residential streets all day long with 96db and ride your Harley while blipping the throttle at every opportunity but heaven forbids on a dedicated racetrack you are limited to 75db!

*rant off

It's measured differently.  Road car is 1m directly behind exhaust.  The other is set up on the side of the track, measuring as you drive past (approx 30m and off to a side)

By the way, which track????

• Moderators

Still saving up for some fresh rubber; sick of running second hand shyte. Plus the zed needs some work so I may be out for the next few events... Do my best to come down for a looksy anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Well ,I had full intentions of entering this event but am undecided at this stage .

Life decided to throw me a curve ball.

To make a long story short .

Step 1 - charged by a full grown ewe ,she smashed into my right  knee, back in March.

Step 2 - Knee bled and swelled heaps , jump on tractors to sow wheat and canola in April , still with swollen knee

Step 3- return to playing table tennis after 5 year break in last week of May

Stage 4 -cough up blood the next morn , see doctors , have a CT scan  . Go home then within 25 mins told to get to casulty ASAP

Stage 5 - Apparently blood in lungs not conducive to good health

Stage 6 - Next week in hospital taking rat poison to thin blood and stop further clot movements

I gather the above scenario is Like flying to London and getting Deep vein thrombosis

So I might have to play it safe and get stablised, and live to play another day...Time and doctors will tell me I suppose. If I don't make it have a top day.

Hi Steve, man sounds like you have a bit going on ATM. Hope it all works out ok for you. But if the right foot is working and the left hand can shift the stick, hey you can do it sitting down. lol. But seriously I no its a long way to come, and would be good to see you and the zed. But priority is to get well and live to fight another day. And that day will be 22nd of July at PI. Regards Gordon.

Jeebus Steve  :o

No joy for you.

But how tough do they breed them in the country! City folk normally take aspirin to thin the blood.

You're not seeing Micheal Jackson's Dr by any chance are you? Rat poison?  ???

Good luck with a speedy recovery.

(that'll learn ya for playing table tennis  :P)

I definately won't be a starter at sandown, worse luck.

The 2 clots in my leg are still a concern as they can shift with jarring for the next 6 weeks, so gonna play it safe and wait till Phillip Island

Can't even have a hit of the dangerous sport of table tennis....lol

Have fun and keep the noise down,  decibel 75 limit.There are  people mowing their lawns on Sundays so shush .

No Good Steve I have been on rat-sack since the start of the year and was injecting my self with Clexane as I also had a clot in my leg from about 100mm from the ankle that went up near my lungs (one huge clot!!!).  Same thing cant fly for a while yet and gave me two months off work and a trip into hospital when first discovered the clot and instructed not to move for two weeks as risk of clot breakaway was high.  Still walking with a limp at the moment and you may have noticed it at Winton a few weeks ago

Cheers

Sean

• 2 weeks later...

Just an up date, looks like we have about 5 Zeds entered, and the weather forecast is for showers, NDSOC  are doing the BBQ. And all passengers have to be pre entered and signed up befor Sunday . Cheers.