Wolf Creek Racing - Experiences

Brabham

Hey Brabham,

I have their rear CV kit and would say good on all fronts. Easy to deal with, quick and easy transaction, good packaging and product.

The CV joints are typical american stuff, so tolerances are probably not as good as I would like (a little more sloppy than I was expecting, but not BAD, per-se) but they are strong and so far have been very good. Also, as I imagine is the reason for this post, the AUD/US is so good it's worth buying what's necessary now while it lasts!

• 1 year later...

Digging up an old one here  :o Got a finned diff cover from these guys today. Typical bad story, very quick to take money, shirk all responsability from that point.

Be warned their pictures may not be the same item and/or brand you think you are purchasing. In my case it looks to be a cheap copy or factory second. Even when the item purchased is missing parts shown in picture, their first response was 'if your unhappy send it back to us at your cost and we will waive the 15% restocking fee'

I would say DON'T use Wolf Creek Racing!

I raised the issue on hybridz too. http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/107247-r180-finned-diff-cover/page__pid__1003548#entry1003548    Hope link works.

They seemed to think I wasn't hard done by.... He hasn't even offered to send the plugs that should've come with it! I don't care where you come from it's crap service!

Hopefully anyone who is thinking of buying from them will do a search and find my info. Bad service could've been rectified..... Internet reviews stay forever!  >:(

• 4 months later...

Hi guys just thought id post these pics up.

Ive had the Wolf Creek CV on the Zed about 6 months and only put about 1200 k's on them since installed.

Being 'bolt-on' I didn't open them up properly until now.

When I had it apart yesterday replacing a torn boot (my fault) I came across this....

Its the same on both ends of the shaft. It appears as though someone has smacked it with a chisel all the way around it on both ends, my guess is to make the inner race tight on the shaft? (poor quality or?)

I was pretty shocked when I saw it, Im not sure if its some kind of 'standard practice' or what...

Anyone else seen something like this before?

post-3257-144023696065_thumb.jpg

post-3257-144023696071_thumb.jpg

The splines on mine didn't look like that...  Admittedly mine are a few years old now.

Could the outer CV cage have damaged the splines somehow at full defection (max shaft angle and/or max plunge)???

Hmmm, i picked up a complete and brand new Wolf Creek CV kit for 1050 incl sipping, which I thought was a great bragain. Havent installed as yet, but all looks good. Am waiting for stock shafts to go first...

I thought the same when I first saw it but there's three in a line in rows all the way around and it's identical on the other end, also a chisel end fits the bill perfectly.

It may be worth inspecting your shafts before throwing them on your car..

i fitted 3 sets on 2 cars and i broke all off them, there just crap the standard ones are better , in fact when the wolf creek ones broke we refitted the stock ones and there still there , the wolf creek parts failed with in  3 weeks  , i dont have any good things to say about there shafts