New VIC 260z owner

Hi guys,

I recently picked up an un-finished 2 seater 260z project car off a mate. The car has already been stripped and had most of its rust removed by the previous owner. The chassis is straight and rust-free so the base car is a good place to start.

There is a fuel-injected L28 engine, and manual gearbox. The engine is in fine working order apart from the need to replace a fuel pump. There is also a trick cam, extractors and aftermarket exhaust system.

The car came with a set of lower springs and I recently picked-up some front and rear swaybars.

At the moment I am hunting for a few more bits and pieced before finally she is ready to be prepared for bodywork. The main ones are

-bonnet

-bumper bars

-repair section for rear tail panel where rust sections have been cut-out of each corner

-Windscreen

There are many other bits I will need to collect along the way, but getting the body fixed will go a long way to getting this project happening

My first goal is to get the bodywork cleaned-up and ready for a re-spray. While the engine is out I will be able to clean it up and replace old hoses.

My goal for this project is to create a streetable yet fast sportscar that is not far from stock and captures the '70s muscle car feel.

side01.jpg

rearrust01.jpg

rear01.jpg

rearrust03.jpg

rearrust05.jpg

rearrust06.jpg

lassaruzengine.jpg

engine02.jpg

engine03.jpg

engine04.jpg

enging01.jpg

interior01.jpg

hatch01.jpg

dash01.jpg

SDC10340.jpg

Full album here:

http://s986.photobucket.com/albums/ae346/ricardo361/Rics%20260z%20restoration/

Haha, well maybe I worded that wrong. It has to feel like a 70s car, but obviously drive nicely. Not like the plastic rubbish we get in cars these days. And forget the monaro handling and braking!

• 4 months later...

Quick update on how everything is going here..

Recently I collected the last of my rust repair sections, along with replacement bumper bars and the fuel filler panel/assembly.  The car is now just short of a bonnet and will be taken to the panel shop in next two weeks. Joy!